MCAT Score Balance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ioripi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
h

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on my MCAT + GPA and chances of getting into Baylor or UTSW (Texas resident). I am mainly worried about the breakdown of my MCAT: 512 (128/126/127/131), with the low CARS, however my GPA is a 3.95 and I have lots of research, volunteer experience, shadowing etc.. mainly just worried about the numbers.

Thanks
I think you have a solid chance at both, especially utsw. I think their average mcat last cycle was close to a 512. Average mcat for Baylor last cycle was a 35 and 514. If you have good ECs and a good interview you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
I think you have a good shot as a Texas resident at getting an interview at Baylor or UTSW. I know people with around your stats who got into one, the other, or both. It will depend on the rest of your application obviously, but your app wont be passed up because of numbers. Your numbers will be slightly below average at Baylor and close to the average at UTSW. That being said, you will be competitive at all of the other Texas schools as well, so dont be discouraged!

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on my MCAT + GPA and chances of getting into Baylor or UTSW (Texas resident). I am mainly worried about the breakdown of my MCAT: 512 (128/126/127/131), with the low CARS, however my GPA is a 3.95 and I have lots of research, volunteer experience, shadowing etc.. mainly just worried about the numbers.

Thanks

I applied this cycle with a 513 (128/125/130/130) with a 3.78 GPA and I've gotten numerous interviews and acceptances at MD schools. So I can't speak for Baylor or UTSW, but I have not struggled with a relatively low CARS score.