Mcat score drop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slees789

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am ca orm with 3.5 gpa (with 4.0 upward trend and 4.0 post pacc gpa (30 units) and mediocre ec.

I retook a 505 (125 124 128 128) and ended with a 501 (127 121 126 127).

I will be happy applying do but don’t know if I even have a chance with the drop in score…

Members don't see this ad.

It's not good, but sometimes you have to apply with the app you have, warts and all, and see how the cycle shakes out.

If you haven't shadowed a DO, do so.

If you don't have a DO LOR, get one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your state of residence ? Do you have any physician shadowing hours of clinical volunteering/employment hours with patient contact?

Where is your state of residence ? Do you have any physician shadowing hours of clinical volunteering/employment hours with patient contact?
scribe and medical assistant - 1700 hours
Clinical volunteer - 700 hours
Shadowing with 3 different md physician / surgeons - 100 hours

I’m still doing scribing as well as shadowing so by the time I apply the hours will be higher.

Also ca Asian

You could receive interviews at DO schools with your stats and I suggest these:
WESTERN
TUCOM-CA
TUNCOM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
UIWSOM
ACOM
MU-COM
WVSOM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
NOVA
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools)
NYITCOM
Touro-NY

Not unless your practice scores are consistently 510+
how concerned should i be that my mcat score dropped for DO school? I feel like a once competitive score is now useless..

Not good. I think more competitive schools are out, but you could likely land an acceptance. I would retake if you think you can get a 505+

Reactions: 1 user