MCAT score okay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrdinaryDO

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCATscores.png

cGPA - 3.47
sGPA - 3.28

Does this seem to be okay for applying strictly to DO schools? I am confident my is LORs and ECs, just my score is a little low =[

Members don't see this ad.

Verbal might cause you trouble...everything else is fine. I'm really not sure on this one...
I also think a change of name is in order since you are applying only DO..

That verbal I believe will cause you trouble, it roughly equates to a 5/6 on the old scale.

Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal might cause you trouble...everything else is fine. I'm really not sure on this one...
I also think a change of name is in order since you are applying only DO..
I've had the name for almost 5 years. I have had a change of heart and it cost money to change =[. The verbal score equates to a 6-7 according to the AAMC percentiles. 27% = 6 where as a 37% = 7? I am right smack dab in the middle..I have no idea. Submit my application or no?

I've had the name for almost 5 years. I have had a change of heart and it cost money to change =[. The verbal score equates to a 6-7 according to the AAMC percentiles. 27% = 6 where as a 37% = 7? I am right smack dab in the middle..I have no idea. Submit my application or no?
i say submit. Im not really sure...you are in a tough spot. More opinions are necessary imo.

Reactions: 1 user
im in a similar situation OP :/

Any chance English is your second language? If you're not too picky with where you will be going then I say go for it and apply broadly.

Any chance English is your second language? If you're not too picky with where you will be going then I say go for it and apply broadly.
I am applying 19 DO schools. I hope something turns out.

I got almost the same score (different breakdown) and am hoping the schools are willing to show some love....

have you submitted any apps for Dos?
I submitted only one for app verification to BCOM. Awaiting verification to make sure no errors are found.
If that's like a 25 in the old scale, you are fine IMO....
You really think so? Even with that killer of a 123? I really hope you are right.

@Goro I hate to bring you in on such a generic topic, but I would greately appreciate if you could just chime in on what you might think about my situation. I have asked my pre-med advisor, the kind folks of SDN, and a physician what they think and they basically said that it won't sink my application as long as my ECs are good enough. I just don't want to be screened out. Pretty dissapointed in my score...*Sigh*

I submitted only one for app verification to BCOM. Awaiting verification to make sure no errors are found.

You really think so? Even with that killer of a 123? I really hope you are right.
If you look at the past underdog threads, you will see there were many applicants who got in with 6 (or even 5) in VR... However, many of them got into schools like VCOM, WVSOM, ACOM, LMU-DCOM, LUCOM, PCOM-GA etc... Once you application get verified, add these schools to your list. Good luck!

Your score and sGPA are lethal for MD schools. You'll be fine for most DO schools. Skip the NY and CA Touros, Western, AZCOM and CCOM. I can't recommend LUCOM.

View attachment 195229

cGPA - 3.47
sGPA - 3.28

Does this seem to be okay for applying strictly to DO schools? I am confident my is LORs and ECs, just my score is a little low =[

That makes me feel a lot better. I know it will be a tough cycle either way, but at least now I feel a bit more confident in my application.

cGPA - 3.47
sGPA - 3.28

Your GPAs are fine for any DO schools. Focus on your interviewing skills and secondaries, if you haven't already.

+1