MCAT Score Release Date and Time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Csv321

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow anxious MCATers....I pasted below an email from my advisor that I received today. I don't think she'd send out random emails unless they were legitimate. I'm so tired of waiting for my scores....

Please excuse the arrows and whatnot...I copied and pasted and am too lazy/tired to fix it... :)

Dear Advisors:
>
>Scores from the April 2004 MCAT administration will be available online
>Tuesday, June 15th, at approximately 9:00 am.
>
>Scores will be available to examinees through the MCAT Testing History
>(THx): https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx . When communicating with your
>advisees, please note the following:
>
>* We suggest that examinees pre-register for an AAMC login on the THx
>system. Please note that the AAMC login is separate from the login they
>created to register for the MCAT). Registration is expected to be
>especially slow after the score release, for at least 2 to 3 days.
>Pre-registering will help examinees access the system more quickly the day
>the scores are released.
>
>* An examinee who has already begun an AMCAS application, or has taken the
>MCAT prior to 2004 already has an AAMC login and should not try to get a
>new one for the score release. Attempting to get a duplicate AAMC ID may
>result in delays in providing the MCAT scores to medical schools.
>
>* The longest delays are expected immediately following the score release.
>We understand students are very eager to know their scores, but we strongly
>encourage them to wait to access their scores later in the week, if
>possible, when the on-line wait time is expected to decrease.
>
>* Scores also will be sent via regular mail beginning June 15, so examinees
>will receive a paper copy soon after the release.
>
>* Examinees with questions about score retrieval may contact us at
>[email protected], or (202) 828-0690. We have extended our business hours to 7
>pm through November.
>
>Thank you!
>
>Section for Applicant Assessment Services
>Association of American Medical Colleges

Members don't see this ad.

So it's going to work a little like those radio contests where you have to be the 7th caller... Just keep hitting redial (refresh) at 9AM until you get in. I got my clickin' finger all warmed up. Good luck, everybody.

I know that this might sound crazy to many of you, but one of my friends waited to get his score via mail, last August, he told me that he just couldn't deal with seeing his score online.

i think for the last MCAT the scores were supposed to come out around 9 the next morning or something...but we checked around 12am the night before and they were available thorugh the THX thing...

try the night of June 14...

Members don't see this ad :)
Csv321 said:
We understand students are very eager to know their scores, but we strongly
>encourage them to wait to access their scores later in the week, if
>possible, when the on-line wait time is expected to decrease

:laugh: :laugh:

Premedtomed said:
Hey you can check your scores 24/7 after they are released , right?

You mean your not going to wait until later in the week????? :eek:

yes, you can check them anytime online. :thumbup:

I know that this might sound crazy to many of you, but one of my friends waited to get his score via mail, last August, he told me that he just couldn't deal with seeing his score online.
actually, i've been considering this myself. don't know if i'll hold out, but i'm still mulling it over.

superdevil said:
actually, i've been considering this myself. don't know if i'll hold out, but i'm still mulling it over.
Ditto. I'm so scared to actually see them, I stopped checkin Thx last Friday. Even if I wait for snail mail, I still have to open the envelope--that could take days. :scared:

yeah i think i'll definitely wait 3 or 4 days just to be courteous and make sure that everyone else has gotten ample opportunity to see their scores. i don't want to slow down the system. it's not like i even care how i did. it was just a little tiny test. i'll probably just sleep in and relax that morning. ;)

lissa1217 said:
yeah i think i'll definitely wait 3 or 4 days just to be courteous and make sure that everyone else has gotten ample opportunity to see their scores. i don't want to slow down the system. it's not like i even care how i did. it was just a little tiny test. i'll probably just sleep in and relax that morning. ;)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

Ditto. I'm so scared to actually see them, I stopped checkin Thx last Friday. Even if I wait for snail mail, I still have to open the envelope--that could take days.
i'm not sure that i'm scared, per se, i just don't think seeing my score online is good enough (?)

at my school, they used to send out hard copies of our report cards after each quarter, although you could view your grades a bit earlier online (just like the MCAT). they have since stopped sending them home and just post them online. i don't like it...it just doesn't feel as "official," if you will.

i can't imagine how stupid this sounds, but i just don't get that total-closure feeling through the instant gratification of the internet. i want to see it, hold it, and -if necessary- tear it to shreds. :smuggrin:

I'm still hoping for Mon. night! The Aug. 2003 scores were up at 9:30PM CT, when we had been told Tues. morning. Good luck everyone!!!

I suddenly have this strange, numbness after reading this thread because my entire summer and maybe future will be determined on Tuesday morning at 9 a.m.

Yikes :scared:

OnMyWayThere said:
I suddenly have this strange, numbness after reading this thread because my entire summer and maybe future will be determined on Tuesday morning at 9 a.m.

Entire summer, maybe, entire future, not nessisarily, there is always the Aug MCAT, I have already started studying for the next round, it's a good way to prepare for the worst case scenario.

OnMyWayThere said:

Same Here...I?ve actually already been accepted to Med School since I participated in a early entry program...but the acceptance is pending my MCAT scores....I am freaking out....if I don?t meet their minimums in one section (even if I were to ace another section(s)) I loose my spot :confused: :scared: :eek:

Additionally, don?t you all think that the AAMC should upgrade to better servers with higher bandwidth capacity so that everybody can log on and check their scores reliably the first week?

phatlines said:
Same Here...I?ve actually already been accepted to Med School since I participated in a early entry program...but the acceptance is pending my MCAT scores....I am freaking out....if I don?t meet their minimums in one section (even if I were to ace another section(s)) I loose my spot :confused: :scared: :eek:

Additionally, don?t you all think that the AAMC should upgrade to better servers with higher bandwidth capacity so that everybody can log on and check their scores reliably the first week?

What's your minimum you've got to beat?

Yeah, I think they should upgrade. Come on, we pay 'em enough!

Csv321 said:
Scores from the April 2004 MCAT administration will be available online Tuesday, June 15th, at approximately 9:00 am.

HEY OP!

Is that 9AM Eastern or 9AM Pacific (or central or mountain!!) HAha.. I'm such a neurotic pre-med

MD Rapper said:
Is that 9AM Eastern or 9AM Pacific (or central or mountain!!) HAha.. I'm such a neurotic pre-med

I think they're based in Iowa, so probably central time. Which means I'll be at work with no internet!!! crap! I should be able to sneak away to a library though; so maybe I'll do that. or convince the operations manager to let me at his computer. Just hope I don't ruin my day.

Agent Splat said:
I think they're based in Iowa, so probably central time. Which means I'll be at work with no internet!!! crap! I should be able to sneak away to a library though; so maybe I'll do that. or convince the operations manager to let me at his computer. Just hope I don't ruin my day.
Don't call in sick.... That would be wrong. You should just wait 3 or 4 days to reduce the ammount of traffic on the MCAT website :rolleyes: