MCAT Scores Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted559688

hello,

I was hoping someone with experience on receiving MCAT scores could help me know what to expect. I need to decide what date I should sign up to take the MCAT. It says on the website that it will take 30-35 days for schools to receive the scores. Is this about accurate in your experiences? I was planning on taking it in July this year and I am applying early decision to a school and the deadline is August 1st for the AMCAS application and transcripts. I was wondering if it would be allowed that the MCAT scores would arrive a few days after that deadline, or if anyone has had similar experiences with this? also, is it true that right after the test on test day you will know your score/ how you did?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is accurate. How have you been doing on your practice tests? A lot of people here would tell you to wait until you felt ready, and I should have done that too, regardless of "early apps." I was scoring 24 and 25s and ended up with a 23 on the real deal, but now Im scoring 28-31 on my practice tests and I'm retaking on 6/21, feeling great and confident. What do you mean by "after the test you will know your scores?"

not sure about the early decision thing. You should ask the school, definitely. in my recent experience, it does take 30+ days to get the scores. I wouldn't hold out to get the scores any earlier than the AAMC's "expected score release date"