MCAT Seats All Filled?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mitrieD

I planned to study about 3 months for the MCAT. I went to sign up for the June 20th date and all of the California seats are taken. Does this mean I have to wait until new dates after June 2oth is opened. How fast do seats fill up?? Is there a way I can know when AAMC opens new seats or dates?

I really don't want to spend money to fly out somewhere but that may have to be a stupid possibility. I'm planning to apply to podiatry school on August 1st but that may not happen because of MCAT seat availability.

Members don't see this ad.

You registered way too late for MCAT. Usually spots are all reserved the day it came out. You are months past the first registration day. Your best bet now is to keep checking for open spots closer to the date of the exam. Many people change their date or cancel their exam closer to the exam date when they feel they are not ready. Otherwise, you could look into exam sites in other states within driving distance. I personally know many people who drove 5+ hours and arrived a night earlier to take the exam.

And lastly, wrong forum. Post any MCAT-related threads in the appropriate forum in the future.

Reactions: 1 user
You registered way too late for MCAT. Usually spots are all reserved the day it came out. You are months past the first registration day. Your best bet now is to keep checking for open spots closer to the date of the exam. Many people change their date or cancel their exam closer to the exam date when they feel they are not ready. Otherwise, you could look into exam sites in other states within driving distance. I personally know many people who drove 5+ hours and arrived a night earlier to take the exam.

And lastly, wrong forum. Post any MCAT-related threads in the appropriate forum in the future.

Okay thanks for the heads up. So should I wait until late April for the July-September MCAT dates?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay thanks for the heads up. So should I wait until late April for the July-September MCAT dates?
You should just try to find the earliest opening possible and start preparing. Switch to a June date if one opens up and you are ready.

I planned to study about 3 months for the MCAT. I went to sign up for the June 20th date and all of the California seats are taken. Does this mean I have to wait until new dates after June 2oth is opened. How fast do seats fill up?? Is there a way I can know when AAMC opens new seats or dates?

I really don't want to spend money to fly out somewhere but that may have to be a stupid possibility. I'm planning to apply to podiatry school on August 1st but that may not happen because of MCAT seat availability.
This happened to me; I live in northern california, and I got stuck with one in Oregon. I just kept checking though, and about two weeks prior to my exam, several people from my hometown dropped their exam and I picked it up.

This happened to me; I live in northern california, and I got stuck with one in Oregon. I just kept checking though, and about two weeks prior to my exam, several people from my hometown dropped their exam and I picked it up.

Thanks for your reply. Hopefully the same happens for me. I guess I shouldn't expect any potential open seats until a couple of weeks before the exam.

It's very difficult to get a seat in California. Trust me, last fall I was refreshing that darn website dozens of times per day for a few months until I finally found a seat. You would think they could make an alert system to email you when a seat near you is available but nope, they do not have that option. You may have to fly out to another state to do it - it's not ideal but it happens to a lot of people.

Keep refreshing the website as it gets closer to the next test date. People will not feel ready and there will be some movement with seats. Good luck!

I just wanted to reply with an update. I was finally able to find a seat in California after checking ~5-7 times a day. I have to drive 4 hours away, but I think thats better than flying out. For those of you who are struggling to find seats just keep checking.

Reactions: 1 user