MCAT situation okay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

housefish26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's the story:

First application: MCAT 29R (8PS, 11 VR, 10 BS)

This past year I've done of a lot of work to improve my application (400 hours of CNA work, 55 hours of volunteer work, master's in chemistry, more shadowing, etc.). I studied like mad for the MCAT and retook on April 19th.

2nd MCAT: 26R (8PS, 8 VR, 10 BS)

I was pretty sure it went poorly and that I could do better, so I preemptively signed up for another one on May 22nd.

Anyways, I didn't study much in May, got my 26R on May 20th (also my birthday) and had two days before taking for the 3rd (do or die) time.

3rd MCAT: 34Q (12PS, 11 VR, 11 BS)

My question is, do you guys think my 2nd score will be an issue at all? Do any schools average your scores or do they just look at the highest or most recent? What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, here's the story:

First application: MCAT 29R (8PS, 11 VR, 10 BS)

This past year I've done of a lot of work to improve my application (400 hours of CNA work, 55 hours of volunteer work, master's in chemistry, more shadowing, etc.). I studied like mad for the MCAT and retook on April 19th.

2nd MCAT: 26R (8PS, 8 VR, 10 BS)

I was pretty sure it went poorly and that I could do better, so I preemptively signed up for another one on May 22nd.

Anyways, I didn't study much in May, got my 26R on May 20th (also my birthday) and had two days before taking for the 3rd (do or die) time.

3rd MCAT: 34Q (12PS, 11 VR, 11 BS)

My question is, do you guys think my 2nd score will be an issue at all? Do any schools average your scores or do they just look at the highest or most recent? What do you think?

Nice with the 34Q. How did you manage this huge increase? When did you take the third one again? How did you manage to increase your PS score from 8 to 12? This is amazing. Congrats.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow great job on the third one! im sure they won't think much about it since they saw a huge improvement on your most recent one :)

Thanks for the responses guys, I just wasn't sure if I would need to explain myself or what.

I took the Kaplan course the first time and thought it meant that I didn't have to study for it outside of the classroom. I did okay, but not great.

I used exam krackers books for the 2nd and 3rd time. I took it the 3rd time on May 22nd. I think I just got really anxious and freaked out during the 2nd test. I didn't finish the VR of the PS. I should have voided but voiding is really tough. I would say that the best advice I got was to just keep going through the VR and PS. When I marked my first choice and moved on I found that I did a lot better than if I dwelled on each question.