MCAT Study Group in Berkeley?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopeful-to-be-a-doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! So...I took the MCAT in January...wasn't too happy about my score so am re-taking! I haven't decided when yet but I am thinking May or June. I really think motivation will help me get through studying the second time around and it always helps to study in groups! Anyone interested?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm looking to do study groups / meet-ups once in a while in order to be able to discuss more confusing concepts / go over problems. I am in the SF area. Still interested in a study group?

Great! What kind of group studying are you looking to do? I find the most effective way to spend time in groups is to discuss problems you get wrong and their relevant concepts. We can try to plan meetings so that we come prepared with such 'problem areas' to discuss etc. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Great! What kind of group studying are you looking to do? I find the most effective way to spend time in groups is to discuss problems you get wrong and their relevant concepts. We can try to plan meetings so that we come prepared with such 'problem areas' to discuss etc. Thoughts?
Yeah, I agree with that! That way, we can focus on the concepts that we are struggling on. Is there anyone else you know who is interested in studying as a group? Where do you think is a good place to meet? Ideally, a place in between us would be best! Also, how often are you looking to meet?
I was happy with my verbal score in January, but I really need to work on my science subjects, particularly the Physical Sciences section. I haven't been reviewing since I've taken the exam on January 23, but that wasn't too long ago, so it shouldn't take me too long to refresh and start practicing problems again. Also, what resources are you using?

I have been using Princeton Review books for review and practice and just watching online videos including Khan Academy and using eMCAT practice tests. I am trying to post on other sites as well to see if there are others studying that may be interested in group review sessions etc. but no responses yet...

What materials did you use / are you using to study?

Hey! I am also interested in this potential study group if you guys are still trying to plan it. I plan to take mine July 2nd and I can meet up at least 2x a week

Great! Let's form a study group then!! Where is everyone living? I am living in Berkeley, so I'd prefer to meet somewhere close by!
Also, what resources are you using to study and how are you hoping for the study group to be formatted?

Great! Let's form a study group then!! Where is everyone living? I am living in Berkeley, so I'd prefer to meet somewhere close by!
Also, what resources are you using to study and how are you hoping for the study group to be formatted?
I live in oakland. I've taken the Kaplan course, so I have their books, although I don't find them as resourceful as this online course Im currently taking. And Im also using exam krackers materials and some miscellaneous stuff as well. As for the format of the study group Id like for it to be more of a supportive group where we dont necessarily have to have any questions for each other, but just to have that support of studying together. And at the end of the study session we can go over whatever questions we may have. There can even be some days that are purely designated for us helping each other out with our specific questions or problem areas. Just a thought though. What do you guys think?

Yeah, I think a study group would be most helpful for motivation so it makes it less painful to study and if we are struggling with anything, to get help from others!

Did you guys end up forming a study group? Is there anyone who would be interested in meeting up in San Francisco. Was hoping to meet up near UCSF Parnassus, but am open. Thanks & Happy Studying!

Did you guys end up forming a study group? Is there anyone who would be interested in meeting up in San Francisco. Was hoping to meet up near UCSF Parnassus, but am open. Thanks & Happy Studying!
Hi to everyone who has replied to this! I'm taking the exam on June 13! I have a lot of study board space in my apartment in north beach and am looking for a few people to study with, go over concepts and explain things to each other to the point of intense comfortability and memorization. Email me if interested! [email protected]. Thanks!