MCAT Study Material Gift Suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LucidSplash

#LimbSalvage
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all you MCAT preppers!

I haven’t really visited this section in years; things have changed a lot since I took the MCAT (can you say Scantron sheet?). :laugh:

I have a family member who will start studying for the MCAT soon and I want to gift them with some kind of study material. I know what I used back in the day, but given it’s been about 15 years, I came here to peruse some of the threads for ideas. It appears there are way more options that than there used to be.

So here’s my question: if you were to have someone gift you something for the MCAT, what would you want?

Assume I’m willing to spend whatever, since I’m about to start attending life and this person is a family member who is a student and also working full-time.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I think the one thing that's universally used by everyone would be the AAMC material. I believe the bundle is $300 or so, but it's well worth it and probably the best at material available. I would highly recommend that.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey all you MCAT preppers!

I haven’t really visited this section in years; things have changed a lot since I took the MCAT (can you say Scantron sheet?). :laugh:

I have a family member who will start studying for the MCAT soon and I want to gift them with some kind of study material. I know what I used back in the day, but given it’s been about 15 years, I came here to peruse some of the threads for ideas. It appears there are way more options that than there used to be.

So here’s my question: if you were to have someone gift you something for the MCAT, what would you want?

Assume I’m willing to spend whatever, since I’m about to start attending life and this person is a family member who is a student and also working full-time.
Currently studying for my exam in August. ^The AAMC bundle would be a godsend (though I don't know how to gift that since it's all online and requires an AAMC account but there could be a way). Also the Kaplan 7-book set or Examkrackers package are the best comprehensive sets of prep books out there (I know I personally would've really appreciated them as a gift).

Reactions: 1 user
Look at the study guides section of SDN to see what book sets are recommended and buy those for them. If you want to give them the best materials, get them AAMC as mentioned, TBR for C/P and B/B, TPR and EK for CARS, and TPR for P/S.