MCAT Study Plan Advice

Started by catmed01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

catmed01

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I started studying for the MCAT a few weeks ago. I started with the Kaplan books but realized they were taking too long. I moved onto Professor Eman but I still get tripped up on the little things or things I don't remember. By the time I clear up the information I don't 100% grasp, I add so much time. I am someone who likes to learn things extremely in detail so I am struggling taking less than a few hours. I also am doing Anki each day but if I do happen to try to 2 chapters of material a day, my Anki the next day has a ton of cards to review. I work 8-5 so my time for studying is outside of those windows. I am trying to get my content review done within a 1-1.5 months but am struggling with how long it is taking me. I am not planning on taking the MCAT until Feb 2027. I could certainly use some advice. Thank you!
 
The curse and blessing of the MCAT is that you need to know a ton of stuff an inch deep. I get it too, I get really interested in the materials and want to have all my questions answered, but the MCAT is mostly looking for applications of basic(ish) topics.

A lot of the smaller content gaps will get filled by question grinding later on. Esp if you get uworld.
 
Two chapters plus Anki after a full day of work is a lot. You could try about an hour of content review, then a few practice questions. If you get stuck on a small detail, jot it down and come back to it later.

You could try to cut back on new Anki cards while keeping up with your reviews. You don’t have to get every detail down the first time through. And if content review takes longer than six weeks, that’s okay. Give yourself some room to work around your job.

Good luck with your studies!