MCAT Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skarl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to take the September MCAT. My current plan is to take a summer prep course from June 18-August 3 while self studying. From August 3 - September I plan to continue self studying, mostly focusing on practice exams. Is this a good general plan? What are some ways that I can fit tried and true study plans to my schedule to make this plan more specific?

Members don't see this ad.

Why not self-study the entire time? Break your content books up for prep over a 2 month period, then do practice FLs/AAMC materials for the rest of the time.
I wouldn't be sure where to start and I find some comfort in the structure a course provides. It is a little pricey but in my opinion it is a small price in the long run if it can potentially benefit me in any way.

You don't need to have everything laid out for content review. You just start it. It really is that simple, even though it looks like a crazy and confusing thing. You just pick up a review book and start reading it and make flash cards out of the things you don't know. To build up some confidence you cant start with the subject that you're best in and do one subject at a time or you can do a chapter of each book at a time.

You don't need to have everything laid out for content review. You just start it. It really is that simple, even though it looks like a crazy and confusing thing. You just pick up a review book and start reading it and make flash cards out of the things you don't know. To build up some confidence you cant start with the subject that you're best in and do one subject at a time or you can do a chapter of each book at a time.
I just personally prefer to have a plan laid out is all and I feel like the structure of a review course will aid in that.

Members don't see this ad :)