MCAT study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raheel Zahir

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I am about to start going over the physics and math review book from kaplan. I want to know what would be the best thing to do. Do I just go over the concept summary and memorize the formulas and learn how to use them, or should I do something else. I would appreciate the different ways I can go about this.
Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @Raheel Zahir

You will definitely have to memorize some formulas (Light, lens, acceleration, etc), but I wouldn't go through the whole Kaplan book memorizing everything because it definitely will overload you with unnecessary formulas (they like to add a lot). You will begin to notice which ones are more important than others because the fact of the matter is, you won't remember every single formula come test day. Some physics topics that I would start looking at would be Fluids, Thermodynamics, Waves/sound, Light/Optics, and Kinematics. I would just print a sheet of the formulas and use them as you practice problems. Recognizing which one you need to use for a problem is half the battle, because the MCAT is not trying to make you solve 4-step physics problems.

As for math, its basic things you may have to review, like working with fractions, estimating, decimals, etc. so that shouldn't take you as long, but definitely put some time in if it has been a while since you have done raw mental math haha, and this will help you increase your speed.