mcat studying blocks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

travoltage

Crank up the travoltage!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
when you guys studying for the mcat...did you study one subject until you mastered it and then moved on, like chemistry for a couple weeks, then physics, etc. or did you break it of day by day like verbal monday, organic tuesday, etc.

im retaking my mcat and would like to try different studying methods that may have worked for some of you guys

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I split up the week. I would always do some verbal and rotate the other subjects. However, whatever works for you is best. I preferred this method because it helped me keep everything together. I think if I only studied chemistry, then biology, etc, I would have lost too much of the subject I learned first. For me, splitting up the week allowed me to remember everything that I had previously covered because no one subject would get too rusty. Additionally, splitting up the week fostered a greater cohesiveness between the various sections. I was able to connect the various topics since I would see them all in one week. For example, had I only studied chemistry, I wouldn't have picked up all of the possible connections with physics as easily. In the end, go with what works for you.