MCAT Testing Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandemia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my MCAT testing date is in early september. However I noticed that many school have a deadline for applications around oct 15th.

Is there anyway I can submit my applications early while I'm waiting for my MCAT scores. Or do I have to get my MCAT scores before submitting my application?

Members don't see this ad.

You can submit it prior, but you will not receive any secondaries until your mcat arrives.

Applying that late is a very poor decision. It will be an uphill battle.

First of all, that test date is just way too late. Why September?? If you're expecting to score like 30-33 (which is a good score), you're almost certainly gonna be disappointed with how things turn out. If you're a rockstar expecting a 38+, you'll be fine.

If you're in the former category, consider moving your test date a couple months earlier...seriously

Members don't see this ad :)
You can submit it prior, but you will not receive any secondaries until your mcat arrives.
Applying that late is a very poor decision. It will be an uphill battle.

I totally agree with you..

@pandemia, my advice for you is to apply as fast as you can

Unfortunately, I'm in a similar boat. My test date is July 8th but I'm seriously considering rescheduling to mid August date. I'm still taking classes this quarter but hoping to use the summer time to really bang it out. How late is a mid august exam? I'm still planning on having the rest of the app submitted sometime in July pending scores.

Keep the July date or bite the bullet and take it in August to get some extra points? BTW, I'm got an average GPA, and some extracurriculars but nothing amazing. I feel that I can get something close to 36 if I have the extra time.

Advice appreciated.

At the latest you'll be complete by ~mid September - not terribly late, but certainly not ideal. If you think that extra month of studying will make a huge difference for you, then you should push it back. To be honest, though, it might only offer you comfort in the short-term while doing next to nothing for you in terms of your performance.