mcat to dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cluelessdr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
i was wondering if you have any good resources out there for the dat? i was studying for the mcat this summer until i realized i want to go to dental school. what is the structure of dat? passages like mat? sorry im a rookie in the game.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys,
i was wondering if you have any good resources out there for the dat? i was studying for the mcat this summer until i realized i want to go to dental school. what is the structure of dat? passages like mat? sorry im a rookie in the game.

Great question.

Information about DAT can be found here: http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education and Careers/Files/dat_examinee_guide.ashx

buy the following items:
- DAT destroyer
- Math destroyer
- DAT bootcamp
- My bio notes or @FeralisExtremum bio notes (free)
- cliffnotes AP biology 3rd edition (you can find for free online)
- chad's videos (courseaver) for math videos, general chem videos,
- make sure you download GRE math comparison style questions from @orgoman22
- crack the DAT for reading comprehension and for PAT (perceptual ability test)

Head to DAT subforum on SDN to look at strategies (just read a bunch of people's breakdowns)

Reactions: 3 users
Great question.

Information about DAT can be found here: http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education and Careers/Files/dat_examinee_guide.ashx

buy the following items:
- DAT destroyer
- Math destroyer
- DAT bootcamp

Head to DAT subforum on SDN to look at strategies (just read a bunch of people's breakdowns)
thanks alot man!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Great question.

buy the following items:
- DAT destroyer
- Math destroyer
- DAT bootcamp

has anyone studied for DAT while in school? I am trying to fit in a schedule during the Fall semester and take it in January or February? Unless you have any other advice on this.

Most people take it during the summer. Winter break is also a popular time. It all depends on how much review you need and how much time you can devote to studying during the fall semester. Take it when you feel ready; aim not to have to take it again.
how does it compare on difficulty wise with MCAT? what if I haven't taken genetics, cell and molecule, etc.? It is too late now to take it in summer :/// ugh this stresses me out