MCAT Too Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TTCompany

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the March MCAT too late for this cycle (I am complete at all schools w/ an MCAT that is low)?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Mehhhh, it depends. Most will say yes and I would too. Unless you knock it out of the park with like a 30+ that is balanced. But I don't know for sure. All I can say is that it is cutting it close because most schools are probably booked for interviews for the coming month(s) or so beyond february when your score comes back. Good luck with the MCAT though.

I took the MCAT a 2nd time mid cycle (Sept) and got results in Oct. Schools put my application aside until I was complete, so It didn't get really considered until mid Oct. It didn't really do me any favors, but it was better than going ahead with my original score. Are you getting any responce with your current score?

Members don't see this ad :)
January might not be too late. But just let them know asap.

Last edited:
I did receive an interview and multiple emails from schools saying they are going to wait for my jan. MCAT

With your apps in already, you don't really have another choice. I'd focus on the retake in Jan, and worst case scenario, if it is too late, you can reapply in June.

Even if you get them the results by Feb and you manage to get an ii, you'd probably be going for a WL spot, which is fine, and could mean you'll get pulled off in the summer. Just be prepared to reapply if you don't have good news by April/May.