MCAT Tutor Needed (CARS in particular)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmddmddmddmd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
d

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For many students, MCAT tutoring can be the final piece in the MCAT puzzle that gets them to the score they want/need for medical school. With that said, I'm pretty skeptical of long-term CARS tutoring. For good or ill, CARS is a section that requires a lot of time, doing a ton of practice passages, and more or less the desire to keep showing up even when your scores aren't where they want to be. I'd really recommend going through a guide (check out our 30 Day MCAT CARS Guide on here, but there are many others out there too) and start doing one or two practice passages a day. If your start out far enough ahead and build good habits slowly over time, I think you can invest the money you'd have spent on a CARS tutor in the other sections or more science tutor time. I'm not sure I've ever heard of CARS tutoring really paying off. I think there are definitely some skills to learn that will pay off, but long-term on-going tutoring for CARS hasn't been something I've seen produce results.

Anyways, best of luck! Just my two cents