MCAT Tutoring Availability

https://medlinkanesthesia.com/
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Integrated MCAT Course

WikiPremed
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is John Wetzel, creator of the WikiPremed MCAT Course. For the past three years, an important part of development work at WikiPremed has been tutoring students for the new MCAT via Skype. I’m posting this ad here at SDN to let folks know that I have availability to take on a few new students. This is an opportunity to prepare for the MCAT working with me as your one-on-one tutor, one of the most experienced and innovative instructors in the field of MCAT preparation. With over twenty years of experience, I have completed over forty course-cycles teaching for the new exam (students averaging ~90th percentile with a number of exceptional scores in the 99th percentile). My teaching experience also includes nearly one hundred course-cycles preparing students in a classroom setting for the old MCAT. In addition to live teaching, my website, WikiPremed, has helped tens of thousands of online students across the country. The price of one-on-one tuturing with me is significantly lower than the fees for one-on-one tutoring from the national test-prep chains, but the course I provide is much more sophisticated and effective. I work very hard for my students because I understand the meaning of the trust they place in me. I would greatly value the privilege of helping you prepare for the MCAT.

Here are some of my students' recent scores:

mcat_scores.jpg

mcat_score_report.png

A few months ago, a former student replied to a message of mine with the following:

It's so good to hear from you! I am doing very well and am currently in the process of drafting a personal statement before AMCAS applications open in May. It’s a little stressful, to be honest, and I’m not sure I'm doing it correctly! Outside of this the Spring semester is nearing its conclusion and finals are approaching. Wish me luck!

It's so good to hear your course is nearing a final form! Your design produced an excellent experience in its premature form, I can only imagine how phenomenal it has grown by now.

I think about my experience with your program often. Tutoring with you has honestly been one of the best decisions I made my entire college career. Anytime MCAT preparation comes up with classmates, I am quick to mention how helpful your approach to teaching has been for me. It has changed the way I approach my classes and my thinking in general for the better. Your advice to study in “broad cycles” lead me to read the material before and after lecture to reinforce and expand on core concepts. While studying the complexities of immunology, inflammation, and hypersensitivity in pathology class, I remember your advice to develop a “mental map” of key topics. It's so reassuring when I can instantly pin a new concept presented in class to a particular branch of my map. I finally feel secure in my knowledge base and like I'm earning a proper education.

I wouldn't mind at all if you shared my email. Always happy to help.

Another student sent this message after their exam:

Just wanted to share the fruits of your labor (attached). It seems the center of AMCAS's preliminary percentile ranges were a little off for Chemical/Physical and Psychosocial, but having hit the magical 96th %ile overall, I really cannot complain. Should definitely have done better than an 129 on those two, but I think I will be well served by my scores. It's funny because I went back and forth on several CARS questions, changing some of my answers in the last minutes of the section, so I definitely would not have predicted a perfect score there.

Thanks again, John, for all of your support. Your patience, flexibility, understanding, and spot-on psychological insight was so much more than I could have paid for, deserved, or expected. This is all without mentioning how well you teach the science and understand the exam. Some of your eleventh hour biochem review, particularly of coenzymes and electron carriers, was critical for several questions on the Bio/Biochem section. I think it speaks to your ability to get inside the head of the exam writers and track the trajectory of the new test that you highlighted precisely what I needed to hear in the home stretch.

If there is anything I can do to assist you or Wikipremed in some way, I do not ask, I demand that you let me know. Please feel free to use this email, redacted in any way you see fit, as a testimonial, and I would be happy to write something more substantial if you would like. If there are potential clients considering your services, you can forward them my contact information and I will be happy to sing your praises. From this point on, I can offer not just my impressions, but concrete results. It feels like the very least I could do.

I will in any event keep in touch and let you know how things work out applications-wise. Getting ready to submit my primary in the next day or two, so its an unnerving time, but I have a new shot of confidence I think will help see me through :). Hope all is well at home and I look forward to hearing from you!

Please message me through SDN if you would like to learn more!

Members don't see this ad.