MCAT- What did you think today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryanpj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
none

Members don't see this ad.

I thought that the organic chem was harder than the previous time. I also agree that the PS was much easier. THe verbal was the same as always for me, it sucks. I guess it does not matter now because I am already in.

I thought it was pretty tough. I had taken the MCAT Practice Tests 3 and 4 (the ones actually put out by the AAMC), and thought they were much easier.

I got really frustrated with the Biology Section (I had the test code AG with serial number 30300? or 03033?) because it had SO many genetics questions! That is one of my weak areas, and there were like 15 questions on genetics!!
I also thought verbal reasoning was tough, and physical sciences wasn't that bad.

I had been getting all 11's and 12's on the practice exams, but I don't think I did that well today. Have to wait and see, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had Form AG as well, and I also thought that the verbal was kind of tought. It started out pretty easy(especially with the CO2 passage) but then after the 2nd passage the questions were increasingly difficult.
The PS section was ok. Lots of g-chem.

I however thought that the bio was not that bad. I do agree that it was way too much genetics and also too much o-chem but it was manageble.
Well i guess we can only wait and see how it really turned out. Let's hope the curve is not too bad.

I had form AT, thought the verbal was not too bad (everyone else thought it sucked, so that means I probably fell for all the traps and bombed the section), pysical sciences was not bad, but the bio section was much more difficult than I had anticipated in comparison to some of the diags I took - barely finished, and I do not feel confident about that section at all - I think it was about 60% organic/40% bio stuff. Glad it is over with and I can stop studying for it now.

I had form AM and thought the VR and BS were hard! I felt pretty good after the PS though, so hopefull that good feeling pays off!

What did people think of the writing samples? I had these:

"The main purpose of a business should be to make a profit." and
"Youth and innovation are sometimes more beneficial than age and experience."

I don't know why I had a hard time with the second one. I couldn't come up with very many concrete examples... but i accomplished the tasks so I hope that's good for something.

I had those same two writing topics. I thought they were OK, but honestly, no one gives a rip about the writing section unless you really bomb it, in which case they wonder if you're an idiot.

We'll all have to report back to this thread and tell what our scores actually were when we get them! I think most people leave the MCAT thinking they bombed it, but end up not doing so bad after all.

Now, if I can just muster up enough motivation to finish the semester!

When I took it two years ago for the first time in April (1998) I felt pretty positive about my performance when the test was over. As it turns out I got trashed on the PS section. I even finished that section with time to spare (probably cause I was guessing so much). When I took it the second time in August of 1998, I left the test thinking I bombed beyond compare especially on the PS. I barely finished on time. Well when I finally got my scores, let just say I was pleasently surprised. My PS score actually improved by 4 points. Go figure. So don't worry about it to much, it's over now and all you have to do is wait (the hardest part of all). Try to just block it out. In anycase stay positive or perhaps negative (my technique) whichever works best for you.