MCAT without study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cranjis McBasketball

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just curious what you guys think is an avg score someone would get without studying at all for the MCAT?

Side note: I am not asking for my future self haha as I have been studying a few months. I am simply curious!

Members don't see this ad.

I know you are definitely not going to attempt to do that, but as the Nike Philosopher stated, "don't do it."

Anyway, I really thing it would vary depending on individual back ground. My brother for example took the verbal section of the old AAMC practice section 3-11 and got a grand total of 4 questions wrong over all nine verbal test and also finished with at least 15 minutes to spare on each. I on the other hand could not just get up and achieve the same. Some people could easily score in the 508+, but I do suspect that most would have a difficult time scoring about 500 without studying.

However, I have good news (I just save money by switching to Geico), but seriously the good news is you are able to study and do extremely well on this test, so there is no need to find out first hand. Again, I do realize that you had no intention not to study. This will vary from individual to individual.

Reactions: 1 user
I am just curious what you guys think is an avg score someone would get without studying at all for the MCAT?

Side note: I am not asking for my future self haha as I have been studying a few months. I am simply curious!
I think it depends a lot on your background, what you're comfortable with, and natural test taking ability. I had a really good chemistry department and retained quite a bit so I spent almost no time studying the general or organic chemistry and I've always been fairly good at reading type sections in exams so I didn't study for CARS at all. Biochemistry was more intermediate but my main focus was on the Psychology/Sociology and Biology sections. I still thought I bombed the P/S section walking out of the exam but ended up doing very well all around.