MCATs and SGU/ROSS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Craigslist

Meet ya in the lobby...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am switching my MCATs date of May 2nd to either June or July, so I have enough time to devote it to MCATs because currently, I don't have much time to study.

I know SGU's deadline is November 15th for Janurary and I can't find Ross' (if anyone can show me that).

My question is, would applying in August be early enough for Janurary or whenever Ross' next term is after I get my scores (hopefully) in August or should I do June and prepare as best I can.

Members don't see this ad.

im sure ross' deadline is similar, though I dont know for sure.
I think august would be fine and even if you did happen to miss the deadline, they take another class in May too

Bellakk, thank you so much for the quick reply, I'm at the AAMCAS website changing my date right now.

Also, I figured it wouldn't make a difference since I don't graduate till August 8th anyhow.

Members don't see this ad :)
August would be ok, but it would probably be even better to get it in say june/july, especially if you are a competitive applicant. The have offered provisional acceptances in the past (say if you have a really good GPA) assuming you get a certain score on the MCAT. If you do not have a great GPA, then you probably want to wait for the MCAT score to come back to improve your application.

I am switching my MCATs date of May 2nd to either June or July, so I have enough time to devote it to MCATs because currently, I don't have much time to study.

I know SGU's deadline is November 15th for Janurary and I can't find Ross' (if anyone can show me that).

My question is, would applying in August be early enough for Janurary or whenever Ross' next term is after I get my scores (hopefully) in August or should I do June and prepare as best I can.

If you can, do whatever it takes to get into SGU. The campus/island, first attempt USMLE pass rate, attrition rate, rotations in clincal years, reputation, ALL better at SGU. Ross is a little cheaper, but, you get what you pay for.

You can't find Ross' deadlines because they have no deadlines.

They take students until the classes are full. On your application just pencil in the next available semester. They'll tell you if it's full or not. If it is, they'll automatically bump you to the next semester (if you're accepted).

I made this thread a month ago when I thought Ross would be something I would want to attend.

After the weeks of researching on valuemd and here; SGU is my goal.

Thanks for the input.

SGU will do the same thing. if you apply and the class is full they'll just push you to the next class. so you can apply whenever you want. admission is rolling..