Dear all, First I'd like to thank everyone on this board (and website!) - you've all been a great asset both serving as a resource for information, but also a source of encouragement for me during this whole application process. I have 2 questions that I need to get some help on - the first of which is pretty standard, but the second one might be useful to some of the readers out there who might be thinking about as well! My stats - evenly distributed 29P with a 3.4/3.5 GPA, science major from a top liberal arts college. I presume I have good LORS since I'm friends with 3 of my undergrad profs. ECs include - Chair of a large student org, ROTC Nazi, co-founder of 2 businesses, management consultant for a year, published neuroscience thesis, research galore with 3 pubs and prestigious science awards & honors, hospital volunteer, tons of teaching experience including a fellowship for inner city teaching, and others... Even though I grew up in the city from a semi-disadvantaged background, I am not an URM, unfortunately (though I might pass as Eskimo...hmmm...maybe I can claim Native Americaness since I was born in Sioux territory). Anyways... In a way, I sound like a cookie cutter pre-med when it comes to my ECs. And my relatively low numbers come mainly because I didn't really focus and become pre-med until last year. I've already gotten 4 rejects, a hold for an interview, and just 1 interview so far. So my questions: 1. Understanding that my rejections come from the top 10 schools, what are my chances overall? My application was compeleted in late August through September and thus far I have only gotten pre-interview rejects and 1 interview. Still waiting to hear from 15 others. 2. I've thought of taking the MCAT again in April in case I get 100% rejections this year and have to apply next year. But then I'm not sure if I should spend more time re-studying and preparing for the MCAT if I luck out and get accepted somewhere. However, if I wait until I hear from all the schools (and finalize all my rejections), I would take the MCAT again in August and thus be at a disadvantage when applying since my application would not be complete until October. Is there anyone out there with a similar situation? Thinking about taking the MCAT again in April while waiting to hear back from schools? I appreciate everyone's input on this!