mcats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

armynavy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did you guys study for the MCATS? Ive been out of school for about 6years and forgot almost everything. I took

2 sem. of general chem,
2 sem. of bio,
1 sem. of O-chem
1 sem. of pyhsics.

I got like a 3.0 gps in those classes. Im applying to med school in the carribean and im aiming for a 24 in the MCATs.

Should i retake everything or just finish the pre-req.? how hard is the MCATS.

Members don't see this ad.

Actually, it is just MCAT. No "s". Have you peeked into the MCAT forum? There's a ton of advice to be found there. Many people buy special MCAT study materials and/or take private MCAT preparation courses.

Wickedgood said:
Actually, it is just MCAT. No "s". Have you peeked into the MCAT forum? There's a ton of advice to be found there. Many people buy special MCAT study materials and/or take private MCAT preparation courses.
Heh, that annoys me too. ;)

OP, along with the general MCAT forum, you might want to visit the MCAT Study Questions subforum and read through the explanations threads there. Start with the General thread. Lots of good advice for you. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wickedgood said:

Thank goodnees this was brought up early in the thread...drives me nuts as well. ;) Too Bad it is still a title in the forum. :thumbdown:

armynavy said:
How did you guys study for the MCATS? Ive been out of school for about 6years and forgot almost everything. I took

2 sem. of general chem,
2 sem. of bio,
1 sem. of O-chem
1 sem. of pyhsics.

I got like a 3.0 gps in those classes. Im applying to med school in the carribean and im aiming for a 24 in the MCATs.

Should i retake everything or just finish the pre-req.? how hard is the MCATS.

I don't think you need the MCAT to go to certain carribean schools. Verify what the entrance requirements are. 24 shouldn't be that hard. I had a 25 and hadn't had physics in 20 years, was working nights at Wal Mart while studying and hadn't had my second year of biology. If you have to have the MCAT, take a Kaplan course and you'll do ok.