mcats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoHop

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the physics problems do they give you equations? or do i have to memorize them all?

Members don't see this ad.

are any equations given on the mcats or do i have to memorize them all?

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is going to get moved, but i always like to jump in first.

your answer is... yes. Everynow and then they will throw in an equation to try to trip u up though.

Buy a MCAT review book of some sorts.. its the only way

I'd suggest asking this question in the MCAT forum, over which the lovely and talented pingouin presides.
:rolleyes:

What do you want? The lasagna's all gone, I gave away the leftovers. All that's left is some raw broccoli and Harvest Salad fixings.

OK serious answer to the OP: yes, you will need to know some of the formulae. Things which will be high-yield, such as work, power, force, the linear acceleration equations.. lots of others. Anything that's not really common will be provided for you on your exam.

There are plenty of threads in here which discuss this question. Do a search, you should find a lot of good information.

Just remember that F = ma, except when it doesn't, Newton's Laws only apply to about 4% of the universe, and the speed of light may vary dependent upon the universe in which you find yourself. After that it's all gravy, baby. ;)