mccee scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tss83

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I gotta question for people who applied to or matched in Canada.. whats consider a good mccee score to obtain interviews for Canadian students studyin in Caribbean who did rotations in the US? thanks alot

Members don't see this ad.

Hello tss83. Even though I have not applied or matched in Canada, based on observing people who have done so, they had a score of 350 if not higher. Also it's important that you have done some clinical rotations in Canada where you can get some good LOR. The competiton for IMGs in Canada will be greater with time so doing some clinical rotations in your home country is a huge plus. Also you need to be aware of Return of Service for few years. I've heard of people who match back in Canada from Caribbean so it's definitely doable but keep in mind that most of them match in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine with some Return of Service.

Per a friend that matched in Ontario a score in the 90th percentile was required for an interview in 2011.

Per other source from Saskatchewan a score in the 70th precentile was required in 2011 for an interview.

Last edited: