MCCQE PT1---> Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryan233

Believer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have failed the QE PT1 twice now. I am very lost as to where my future is heading. My options at the moment seem few. Please can someone offer me some help and guidance as to what books i should be using and how much time I need.

I have studied the Toronto Notes only and do not have any previous exam questions. I studied day and night. I knew the material but the questions seemed very difficult. Someone please show me the way.

Members don't see this ad.

The MCCQE was the hardest exam I have ever taken. I found out today I passed it. The way I studied, was using USMLE Step 2 material. The Blueprints books, Prescription for the Boards and alot of questions from NMS. That is enough for the straight multiple choice questions. The afternoon clinical cases, I have no idea how to prepare for. I would go back and maybe read a book on clinical decision making.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Clue thanks alot for the advise you have given. But I still am uncertain about the books and stuff. I have the Kaplan review and Prescription For the Boards, clinical vignettes, Blueprints for Medicine. Thats all.

How did you cover the Canadian aspect of the MCCQE using American books? Where did u do Canadain ethics, Canadian community medicine and history from?

I don't have any sample or previous exam questions or anything. Plus now i am thinking about taking the MLE and i am completely lost when it comes to that too. I wish I would be more collected, and things had gone as planned but this result just devastated me. Any guidance or advise will be helpful friend.

Anybody, please offer your advise. My back is up against a wall.