MCG and Augusta

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpikeyMike83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they're shut down for The Masters this week? Just trying to decide if I could possibly hear something this week from them about the wait list.

Members don't see this ad.

why dont you just call the school and ask them yourself?

I highly doubt they shut down the school for a golf tournament.

Members don't see this ad :)
well, I would call but I mean, what am gonna say "hey... well i see you're here. guess that answers my question" ? I just thought someone might know.

Iceman, I kinda doubt they do too, but I have always heard that people rent out their houses and apartments etc. I thought maybe they time their spring break to coincide with the tournament.

well, I would call but I mean, what am gonna say "hey... well i see you're here. guess that answers my question" ? I just thought someone might know.

Iceman, I kinda doubt they do too, but I have always heard that people rent out their houses and apartments etc. I thought maybe they time their spring break to coincide with the tournament.

why dont you call to check on your application status? that way you get both questions answered.

I called not too long ago, and don't want to become an annoyance. I do understand that keeping in contact is important though.

I'll help you out spikey. Spring Break week is the Masters week so the school will be shut down. You're welcome.

Thank you. ATLDentalgirl. I found the calendar online and saw that this week was spring break.

I hope that some people have decided not to go, cuz I really want to :smuggrin:

I officially withdrew from MCG and am going to Temple. Good luck in the upcoming year everyone! :D

ATLDentalGirl... had you gotten accepted off the waitlist at MCG? I think I remember you on an MCG thread before.

In any case, I don't believe you are a male, so you declining their offer doesn't help me too much. Hope you're happy at Temple!

I was accepted off from the waitlist in February, and I am unfortunately female. Does that really matter? I find it hard to believe that they would only replace females with other females, but I'm not on the admissions committee. I don't think it should matter.

Yes. at MCG it DOES matter. They will only replace males with males and vice versa.

SpikeyMike I just released my spot, so your ship might be coming in.

hey Spikeymike, good luck with the waitlist. hopefully your number will come up. if you get in we should have a "Spikeymike got in!" SDN party.

thanks for the heads-up about giving up your spot. of course, that just builds more tension!

and yes, if i get accepted from this spot, or any other this year, there will be some major celebrating going on. :hardy:

the battle of the century, lava890 versus SpikeyMike83. who will win?

but seriously, who knows who else is in the running... but hopefully we both start at MCG this fall!

well, I never got a call this week, so I assume the spot went to someone else on this list.

back to waiting...

I got the call! That means that everyone else is one step closer to being accepted off the list also.

Congratulations! Maybe I'll get one sometime soon. But at this point I don't think it looks too good.