1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

mcg or nova

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by summershimmer, Dec 14, 2008.

1. summershimmer

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I have been accepted into 2 schools but can't decide between them. MCG or Nova? I know that MCG would be way cheaper but what else can I base my decision on????

2. appleonius

appleonius Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    proximity to family, friends, location, atmosphere, clinicial exp, when you take your boards, etc...many diff things to evaluate.

3. TJNova2011

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    I can tell you what I know about Nova, not sure about your state school. Nova is a realatively new school and we're getting a strong rep. Weather is excellent in the winter, but the summer is brutal, for me- not a fan of the humidity :). cost is a factor, I'll be around 300k in debt once everything is said and done. Additionally, they are still trying to iron out issues in the clinic, we have gone to a lottery type system- but still isn't a bonus. No one wants to be a super senior in dental school! It's okay, but not perfect. They are working on, hopefully, having a new clinic in N. Miami.

4. TJNova2011

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Another one is your goals, what school will get you to where you may want to go in the future, alumni connections, atmosphere, cost of living, where you will perform the best, abundance of patients, etc.

5. TeethandGums

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    LOL... yeah but the summers here in Georgia aren't too pleasant either. i have been accepted to these schools as well, so i feel the OP....If you don't mind me asking, What made you decide to go to Nova? and are the clinical issues that bad, that it will add an extra year of dental school( Is that a common thing at Nova)?

6. dentstd

dentstd Fena Gonzales
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Go to the G

7. Flipper405

Flipper405 "Excessive" flosser
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    I would say nova, but that's only because I'm waiting to hear from MCG haha :)
    The truth is, you should go to MCG... every dentist I've read advice from says to go to the cheapest school you can, and it doesn't get too much cheaper than MCG.

8. Plopper

Plopper "This too will pass"
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    personally if i had to choose between those two schools i would go to Nova, i loved the faculty and the students were just so nice...the only downside is the chair issues, other than that it's an absolutely amazing school