(McMaster) Michael G DeGroote School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc1004

future_doc
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is your thread.

Members don't see this ad.

My adviser informed me that McMasters accepts Internationals, so wanted to check, what are my chances of getting accepted here with a 3.66 cum, 3.58 Sci and a 31 MCAT.
Mind you the GPA is calibrated according to AMCAS, I am not sure what application service McMaster uses and how does it work.

My adviser informed me that McMasters accepts Internationals, so wanted to check, what are my chances of getting accepted here with a 3.66 cum, 3.58 Sci and a 31 MCAT.
Mind you the GPA is calibrated according to AMCAS, I am not sure what application service McMaster uses and how does it work.

McMaster would use the OMSAS calculation. http://fhs.mcmaster.ca/mdprog/documents/Classof2015.pdf They technically accept internationals but they didn't accept a single international in 2012. Their acceptance rate is also close to 5% which is very low. You would be eligible to apply however, they look only at your VR score and your GPA as well as how you perform on a CASPer. I wouldn't expect much as you aren't a very competitive applicant (even if you were Canadian).

Last edited:
Update, there is one international (an American) in the Class of 2018. I guess this is proof that internationals are accepted, however the tuition is very high 95k CAD a year.