Mcow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GasDoc23

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wrote a few days ago but got no answer so I will rephrase it. Do you guys know anyone else who matched into Medical College of Wisconsin?

Members don't see this ad.

Yo man...
I matched at MCW as well, not my top choice either. However, at my interview, my gut feeling told me that was the best program (in terms of training, case variety, nice/friendly/supportive faculty, reputation). From what I hear from the docs at my community hospital, a great program without really any drawbacks...except of course the reputation of the city of Milwaukee. That remains to be explored. I have no doubt that the MCW background will open doors after residency, but based on the scutwork review, it sounded like the residents may be home-bodies. Hope that's not the case. :horns:

I interviewed there as well. I got the impression that most of the residents were homebodies too. I had no tour either but I do think they asked us if we wanted one. Overall, I thought it was a nice place to train although they didn't really sell it well. I wouldnt have minded matching there but alas, they passed me by.....