MCP Hahnemann and Penn State anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCMonkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how far Hahnemann is booked up scheduling interviews? I just got their invite and have Penn State scheduled for 2/15. Maybe I can get them both on the same trip.

Also, does anyone have any thoughts on travel to these schools (coming from CA), where to stay, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

when i got my hahnemann invite i was already booked for an interview at albany 2 weeks from that time. hahnemann was very understanding, and was able to schedule my interview while i was back east (i am also from california). i would definitely recommend staying with a student host. it worked well for me...

i wanted to stay with a student host, but in one occassion the guy had the nerve to tell me to bring a sleeping bag!!! :D

so I checked into a holiday inn ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how far they are booked through, but I can suggest where to stay. :)

I stayed at the Holiday Inn at city line. I took a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Then on the day of the interview, the hotel shuttle took me to school. After the interview, I took a taxi to get to the airport. Whew, what a list! :D

there is a wyndham(sp?) hotel across the st from hahnemann. nice place. I stayed there the day of graduation to avoid downtown traffic

I scheduled an interview with MCP Hahnemann last week and their next opening was March 11th. So I think they are quite booked.

hey,

i think that they are somewhat accomodating, i asked for an invite to coniside with a temple interview on the 21st and they got me an interview on the 24th of this month. i'd definitely give it a try.

ssd,
you said that you stayed with a student host from mcphu, right? where did you get a list of folks that are available?

also, i have to stay in philly for four nights, does anybody know what would be the cheapest way to do this?

jdub:

i just asked for a list of names and numbers for potential student hosts. the person i called was very accomodating, and when i actually met him we realized that we were from the same hometown. we both graduated from high school in 1993, and went to rival high schools. we had plenty to talk about. i had a very good experience at mcp. good luck.

Hi, I just interviewed at MCP on January 3rd. I stayed at the Parson's Corner bed and breakfast, which was very nice, very convenient (it's like 3 blocks from the school, and the fellow from the B&B gave me a ride there), and very inexpensive. To get to the school, all you need to do is get on the train at the airport, change trains at 30th St. Station, get on the R8 line, and get off at Queen Lane station. The school is only several blocks from there--easy as hell. Don't bother renting a car since the train goes everywhere in the city. Have fun, MCP is great. ;)

smoke this:

did they tell you guys how long to expect to wait to hear anything from mcphu?