You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MCPHS 3 year Fall 2016 Entry
Started by nutripharma
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone applying?
Yeah, just applied and sent in my high school transcripts to the worcester campus. Waiting on an interview now.
Cool! Do you have your bachelors? Did you take the PCAT?Yeah, just applied and sent in my high school transcripts to the worcester campus. Waiting on an interview now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool! Do you have your bachelors? Did you take the PCAT?
They don't require either. I have taken the pcat and I have a 2 year college degree not bachelors
They require the pcat if you haven't gotten your bachelors.They don't require either. I have taken the pcat and I have a 2 year college degree not bachelors
Has anyone got interview invites?They require the pcat if you haven't gotten your bachelors.
I didn't do ED, I'm doing the regular deadline.
I don't think any for Worcester campus only boston I believeDoes anyone know where to find their supplemental application. I submitted my pharmacas and sent my transcripts (No PCAT because of my BS), however; I cannot find their supplemental application. Can you guys please help me?
I don't think any for Worcester campus only boston I believe
You're right, I called admissions yesterday and they said that they do not have a supplemental application for Worcester. Thanks for your input!
No problem! 🙂 did you send ur application yet? If so when did u submit and did u get an interview? I was planning on calling admissions to find out if they received my applicationYou're right, I called admissions yesterday and they said that they do not have a supplemental application for Worcester. Thanks for your input!
No problem! 🙂 did you send ur application yet? If so when did u submit and did u get an interview? I was planning on calling admissions to find out if they received my application
I Esubmitted my app on the 11th and sent my transcripts on the 12th. So, I am kind of late; I guess lol. PharmaCAS did not receive my transcripts yet, so my GPA is not calculated as well.
When did you send yours? Do you mind sharing your stats? 🙂
I sent mine beginning of October and it was just verified so hoping to get a reply from Mcphs by end of month or beginning of next month.I Esubmitted my app on the 11th and sent my transcripts on the 12th. So, I am kind of late; I guess lol. PharmaCAS did not receive my transcripts yet, so my GPA is not calculated as well.
When did you send yours? Do you mind sharing your stats? 🙂
My gpa is a 3.0 and I Have a bs with a major in chem then did my mph and did a post bac program to fulfil my prerequisites . I also have a ton of shadowing and volunteer experience as well. Hoping to get in.. Fingers crossed
You have good chance of getting an interview. My fingers are crossed for you. Hopefully we will be classmates 😀 Best of Luck!
I sent mine beginning of October and it was just verified so hoping to get a reply from Mcphs by end of month or beginning of next month.
My gpa is a 3.0 and I Have a bs with a major in chem then did my mph and did a post bac program to fulfil my prerequisites . I also have a ton of shadowing and volunteer experience as well. Hoping to get in.. Fingers crossed
I wish I had your stats. I'm at a 3.0 due to an F (professor failed all 72 students and then passed away so our grades can't be expunged). I have many extracurriculars, such as being president for honor societies and many volunteering hours. My job is pretty great. I haven't taken my PCAT yet but I'll be graduating with my b.a. in biology and I have my a.s. in chemistry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you !!! I hope we are all classmates!!!🙂You have good chance of getting an interview. My fingers are crossed for you. Hopefully we will be classmates 😀 Best of Luck!
Don't worry!.. I am sure you will get in !!! Fingers crossed for you !!I wish I had your stats. I'm at a 3.0 due to an F (professor failed all 72 students and then passed away so our grades can't be expunged). I have many extracurriculars, such as being president for honor societies and many volunteering hours. My job is pretty great. I haven't taken my PCAT yet but I'll be graduating with my b.a. in biology and I have my a.s. in chemistry.
I'm thinking of applying here but I'm not sure if it's too late to apply now :-/
The deadline is March 1st so I think you still have plenty of timeI'm thinking of applying here but I'm not sure if it's too late to apply now :-/
I submitted my app a week ago, I wonder when pharmcas will finish verification. This was probably the worst time to submit it.
Did you get the interview invitation?I submitted my app a week ago, I wonder when pharmcas will finish verification. This was probably the worst time to submit it.
do you mind sharing like what questions they asked you and how was the interview?They first rejected me but then reconsidered me and just had my interview last week.
Have not heard from them yet, but I just submitted my academic update.
Is anyone else accepted and enrolled at the Manchester campus for this fall?
Anyone interviewing this week?
I'm thinking of applying here but I'm not sure if it's too late to apply now :-/
It's not too late, I received an email from PHARMCAS and all 3 MCPHS-campuses have extended their deadline. In addition to other pharmacy schools across the US!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Could you elaborate more on your situation? Did they send a denial letter but then reached out to you afterwards?They first rejected me but then reconsidered me and just had my interview last week.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
do you mind sharing like what questions they asked you and how was the interview?
They asked what do you think are the challenges the profession will face in the future, what is your greatest accomplishment, who is a pharmacist you work with that you can think of that has great attributes of a pharmacist/what are their weaknesses. They also asked about my grades, why do I think that I could handle an accelerated program, and the cliche tell me about yourself
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May I ask did anyone get the interview invitation mail?
Yes I idid
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Could you elaborate more on your situation? Did they send a denial letter but then reached out to you afterwards?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My stats were not best, so I got a denial letter for that. 4 months down the line, the offered me an interview. Got accepted, now will be declining.
They asked what do you think are the challenges the profession will face in the future, what is your greatest accomplishment, who is a pharmacist you work with that you can think of that has great attributes of a pharmacist/what are their weaknesses. They also asked about my grades, why do I think that I could handle an accelerated program, and the cliche tell me about yourself
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Good information, thanks. Could you tell me what the essay was about? Is it difficult to write about the topic?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just the usual open ended questions you would find in tests like the PCAT. You have a bunch to choose from. Just practice and be ready to take a position and defend it or pro/cons style
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did they give you a gift card?
yes, they did bc i traveled for the interviewDid they give you a gift card?
I interviewed last week. It was cool. U do a writing sample, have your interview and then the tour. It like the 3 year school. Just patiently waiting for the results.... Hopefully I get acceptedAnyone interviewing this week?
Did they give you a gift card?
Wow that's crazy. SmhMy stats were not best, so I got a denial letter for that. 4 months down the line, the offered me an interview. Got accepted, now will be declining.
Anybody else patiently waiting for a response? I'm dying to get an interview invite. How long did it take from MCPHS verifying they received your application to when you received your interview invite? I live about 30 min away so I think it should come pretty fast in the mail.
Anybody else patiently waiting for a response? I'm dying to get an interview invite. How long did it take from MCPHS verifying they received your application to when you received your interview invite? I live about 30 min away so I think it should come pretty fast in the mail.
same as me.. It's been a month for me to wait the invitation. I guess there are many applicants at this time. Let me know when you get the invitation.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm pretty sure I e-submitted in January and I got my invitation 3 weeks after, I even had them waiting on my second LOR
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Are you going to MCPHS this fall?I'm pretty sure I e-submitted in January and I got my invitation 3 weeks after, I even had them waiting on my second LOR
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
They sent me an invite 3 weeks after my application was verified. I loved the interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the interview invitation letter today. It took one moth for me.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Everyone who is planning going to MCPHS tell us where you're from and a little about yourselves would be great!
I'm from MA, graduated with a CM degree from WIT, been working at MGH in-patient for 5yrs, have a 3.4 pre-req GPA and thinking of living either in Salisbury or Boysek
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm from MA, graduated with a CM degree from WIT, been working at MGH in-patient for 5yrs, have a 3.4 pre-req GPA and thinking of living either in Salisbury or Boysek
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Then I'll keep waiting. I have a 3.4.From what I know, majority of the people got interview invitation have at least 3.0 for the pre-requisite classes
Hey all 🙂 I am a Canadian third year undergrad student and I applied on Feb 25 and still havent heard from MCPHS Worcester.
I am nervous cause my GPA is on the low side. Anyone mind sharing their stats?
Do you guys think they will allow a phone/skype interview?
I am nervous cause my GPA is on the low side. Anyone mind sharing their stats?
Do you guys think they will allow a phone/skype interview?
Hey all 🙂 I am a Canadian third year undergrad student and I applied on Feb 25 and still havent heard from MCPHS Worcester.
I am nervous cause my GPA is on the low side. Anyone mind sharing their stats?
Do you guys think they will allow a phone/skype interview?
They do offer phone interviews, when you say low, how low? Do you have things to offset the grades like great LORs/work experience?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Locked
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K