MCPHS acceptance letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

killergiant34

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when MCPHS-Boston sends out their acceptance/rejection letters if you applied early action? I checked their website, but couldn't find it.
 
I haven't gotten a letter back from MCPHS as well. I also applied for early action. On the website, it said that the letters should be mailed by Dec. 15. Due to the amount of students and the holiday, letters might come out a little late. That's my guess.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha sorry I thought it said 15th but it's the 19th. I hope it comes soon too. It makes me nervous sometimes. I applied for 3 other pharmacy programs, but I won't hear back until mid February of March. What about you guys?
 
I applied to:
Rutgers
USP
Northeastern
MCPHS

I heard back from USP (accepted), and unfortunately I wont hear from rutgers/NEU till feb/april
 
I applied to USP, Rutgers, MCPHS, and UOP. When did you guys hear back from USP? I haven't gotten anything back from them. Is there anyway you can check your status?
 
I dont know if you can check your status
but you should hear a little while after break is over
depends when you applied, I applied really early

what you could do is call admissions, ask a question about AP credit or something and then slip in that you havent heard anything yet. I think they get annoyed when so many kids ask about their application status.
 
I applied the first day applications were out. I sent in my ACT scores, but for some reason they didn't receive it. So, I had to send it again. Maybe that's why.

When did you get your acceptance letter?
 
I applied oct. 26
but I didnt send my transcript in till a couple weeks later
I got the letter on dec. 5

you should definitely call them and ask about the status of your scores and if they got them properly
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those accepted to MCPHS-Boston:
I was also, however, the cost is prohibitively expensive. I am a transfer student. Did any of you other transfer students receive some sort of grant/scholarship money?
 
For the people that got in, do you mind sharing SAT scores and GPA. And I know some schools send letters by e-mail, does MCPHS do that?
 
SAT 650 math, 630 reading, 650 writing
ACT 28
GPA 98.4 weighted
APs: 8 (Bio, Chem, Stat, US Hist, World Hist, Eng Lit, Eng Comp, Music Theory)
Also took Physics in Junior Year and taking Calc now (not AP)
Lots of EC
Only Sport is Varsity Golf (6 years, co-captain, MVP)
Class Rank 8/240

Accepted to MCPHS (letter came in mail, no email, no way of checking online, $8,000/year merit)
USP $8000/yr, URI $10,000/yr and WNEC (new 2/4 Pharmacy program $15250/year merit)

Still waiting to hear from Rutgers (but think not likely to be accepted; their mid 50 SAT scores were 2000-2200) and St John's (could be a little low for there too)
 
Last edited:
My top 2 choices right now are USP & URI. USP if I decide to go to a smaller specialized school (I liked it better than MCPHS) and URI if I opt for the whole university experience.
I should have noted that the merit money from USP & MCPHS was renewable for 6 years and at URI & WNEC it is only for 4 years.
 
I like MCPHS and USP because they have a small specialized school, but I really dont know if I can see myself not getting the "college experience" that you get at a bigger school. And MCPHS was nice, but only having one building and no real campus was a big draw back. So I think UB, Temple or Duquesne might be a better fir for me.
 
I visited MCPHS and its pretty much one building. The dorms and classrooms are all in one building. Your guaranteed housing for the first year, but after that its a lottery and if you dont get it you need to find your own apartment. Its a nice and modern building, but if your a sport oriented person, or looking for the "college experience" it might not be the best fit.
 
For those who got accepted to MCPHS, do you think you guys are going there for sure?

I got accepted to MCPHS, Drexel, Rutgers, and Monmouth... Im not sure which one to go to, but I heard that MCPHS is not such a good school as I first thought. They are ranked in the 50's , and they accepted 69% of the admissions last year based on the collegeboard.com I have a mixed feeling about this college now. I think I would be better of going to Rutgers in New Brunswick
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted to MCPHS, Drexel, Rutgers, and Monmouth... Im not sure which one to go to, but I heard that MCPHS is not such a good school as I first thought. They are ranked in the 50's , and they accepted 69% of the admissions last year based on the collegeboard.com I have a mixed feeling about this college now. I think I would be better of going to Rutgers in New Brunswick

When did you get your letter back from Rutgers? I haven't heard anything yet. I've heard the same thing about MCPHS. Many people do not like the school for some reason, and I am not sure what the deal is. Also, the school is extremely small, and it has barely to no college life, which is a negative. However, it is located in Boston, which is a plus. I'm not too sure if I want to go to this school. Especially, I live so far away. So if I go, it better be a good one.