MCPHS boston VS Northeastern Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Violet786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am debating between the two schools. Which one is cheaper in cost? I tried to find it on NE's website but it is not on there. I have already been accepted to MCPHS but still waiting for northeastern (already gave an interview). If anyone could help me decide on which school is better and which school is less expensive. I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

MCPHS is 10 g cheaper.
MCPHS isnt listed as a top 50 pharmacy schools in the US news.
MCPHS is the second oldest pharmacy school..but doesnt make it to the US News pharmacy rankings.
MCPHS accepts a lot of transfers - it doesnt discriminate. Just look at the class size. It wants all 300 students to be pharmacists each year.
MCPHS has low faculty retention rate.

Northeastern is more expensive.
Northeastern is harder to get into for transfers - maybe 6 openings per year.
Northeastern has co-ops
Northeastern has about 100-120 pharmacy students per year.
Northeastern is at least listed as a top 50 pharmacy schools in the US news.

I am debating between the two schools. Which one is cheaper in cost? I tried to find it on NE's website but it is not on there. I have already been accepted to MCPHS but still waiting for northeastern (already gave an interview). If anyone could help me decide on which school is better and which school is less expensive. I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Hey

I am currently attending MCPHS Boston as a P1 transfer and I am quite optimistic about the program.
I think it's a personal preference of which school to choose. Our dean told us that this year, MCPHS Boson received about 15 applications from Northeastern pre-pharmacy students wanting to transfer into our program but on the other hand, Northeastern also received about 6 applications from our pre-pharmacy students wanting to transfer into their program. However, the dean also added that we won't consider Northeastern pre-pharmacy applicants at this point...
So with that said, I think it's hard to dictate which school to choose because obviously, each school has its own strengths and weaknesses and it's up to you to figure out which school is the best for you.

Good luck with your decision!