-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MCPHS Boston
Started by evanescero
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh wow, that is awesome that you got to set it up, but was February the earliest date they gave you? Wow, I thought they'd have earlier dates! Hope I get an invite soon, I definitely don't want to interview in March lol
That was the earliest..I was surprised..! I guess it makes sense seeing as their deadline is not until Feb. Was kind of hoping to know where I would be going by that point, lol. I would have to take extra classes for MCPHS too, so I emailed to ask some questions about that too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That was the earliest..I was surprised..! I guess it makes sense seeing as their deadline is not until Feb. Was kind of hoping to know where I would be going by that point, lol. I would have to take extra classes for MCPHS too, so I emailed to ask some questions about that too.
Yeah, I thought I'd know about this school by February already too, wow, well the waiting game continues! Hopefully I can get it for February as well, March definitely sounds like centuries from now lol
I think I dont have any hope here anymore. Havent heard from them at all
Hey giauphan, don't lose hope just yet! Did you call them to see if they had received your app at all?
Hey giauphan, don't lose hope just yet! Did you call them to see if they had received your app at all?
I did. They said my app was complete and under reviewed. And it took forever and Im just too nervous. Its my 1st choice school too 🙁
I did. They said my app was complete and under reviewed. And it took forever and Im just too nervous. Its my 1st choice school too 🙁
oh don't worry, reviewing takes time! don't lose hope
Ah, that sucks. I hadn't realized that either but I am taking an upper psychology class right now and they count it. You could still take it in the spring!!
They take summer courses as well..! I e-mailed to ask.
oh don't worry, reviewing takes time! don't lose hope
You r so right. They just sent me an email inviting for an interview for feb 8
You r so right. They just sent me an email inviting for an interview for feb 8
See?? I told you! CONGRATS! 🙂
That was the earliest..I was surprised..! I guess it makes sense seeing as their deadline is not until Feb. Was kind of hoping to know where I would be going by that point, lol. I would have to take extra classes for MCPHS too, so I emailed to ask some questions about that too.
.
Last edited:
See?? I told you! CONGRATS! 🙂
Thank you, now I will pray for yours as well 🙂
congrats, you mind sharing your stats...?
Well let see. My GPA is 3.7, science is 3.7 also. PCAT composite score is 74, i just volunteer at the hospital and some shadowing.
Well let see. My GPA is 3.7, science is 3.7 also. PCAT composite score is 74, i just volunteer at the hospital and some shadowing.
nice stats, 🙂
my gpa is not as good, but im hoping on my EC, to get me by hopefully, no pcat figured if its not required why do it, were you applying to different schools as well..?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you, now I will pray for yours as well 🙂
Thank you! Really appreciate that 🙂
nice stats, 🙂
my gpa is not as good, but im hoping on my EC, to get me by hopefully, no pcat figured if its not required why do it, were you applying to different schools as well..?
Yes. I applied to a ton of schools because I dnt knw if I get in or not
Thank you, now I will pray for yours as well 🙂
Looks like your prayer was heard! Got my interview invitation today and already scheduled mine for February 8th as well! I guess we'll be able to meet there! So excited to interview and finally get that done. Let's hope we get in now, this is my top school too 🙂
Looks like your prayer was heard! Got my interview invitation today and already scheduled mine for February 8th as well! I guess we'll be able to meet there! So excited to interview and finally get that done. Let's hope we get in now, this is my top school too 🙂
Congrats! February is seeming less far away now that Thanksgiving is over, lol.
Congrats! February is seeming less far away now that Thanksgiving is over, lol.
Yeah, definitely getting closer and closer!
how many transfers do they take?
I mean no one knows for sure, but I've heard around 20? And the advisor told me once they take very few, so it's a very limited number of seats for sure.
Looks like your prayer was heard! Got my interview invitation today and already scheduled mine for February 8th as well! I guess we'll be able to meet there! So excited to interview and finally get that done. Let's hope we get in now, this is my top school too 🙂
Yay, me too. Hope we all get in. Will be a fun class together 🙂
Yay, me too. Hope we all get in. Will be a fun class together 🙂
Hopefully!
I wonder why Boston has different prereqs vs. Worcester/Manchester. The upper division psych prereq is kind of random compared to other schools...they also require calc II which the other program doesn't.
It is pretty odd. However, in the past, if you hadn't met the prereqs exactly (or the 3rd year class is full), they often brought people into 2nd year. That means one extra year of tuition money for MCPHS. Worcester/Manchester don't have a 2nd year.
Anyone interviewing on February 8th? Anyone interviewed already? Any tips/comments about your interview experience? Thanks in advance!
PharmCAS Gpa overall: 3.5
Science: 3.6
Math: 3.7
I have 150+ hours of volunteer at local hospital and also some experience working at a doctors clinic.I also have extracurricular activities like helping leprosy associations. I was also a Scout for 6 years.
I applied early january. Havent heard from MCPHS BOSTON.
What are my chances?
Science: 3.6
Math: 3.7
I have 150+ hours of volunteer at local hospital and also some experience working at a doctors clinic.I also have extracurricular activities like helping leprosy associations. I was also a Scout for 6 years.
I applied early january. Havent heard from MCPHS BOSTON.
What are my chances?
Has anyone who is a transfer applicant got any acceptance email / call / letter from the school ? From the school-specific threads of the previous 2 years, it seems that they accepted people about 2 weeks after interview. So, they do things differently this year ?
I'm asking this for my S.O. btw.
I'm asking this for my S.O. btw.
Has anyone who is a transfer applicant got any acceptance email / call / letter from the school ? From the school-specific threads of the previous 2 years, it seems that they accepted people about 2 weeks after interview. So, they do things differently this year ?
I'm asking this for my S.O. btw.
I just get in the waitlist without interview.
I think I maybe out of the accepted transfer students.
I just get in the waitlist without interview.
I think I maybe out of the accepted transfer students.
I've just read your other thread. Call them and find out. Good luck !
Any transfer applicants for 1st professional year heard anything ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing yet....
Honest Guide to MCPHS. This will vastly improve your experience at MCPHS. http://mcphslifehack.tumblr.com/
manchester anyone??!!