MCPHS- For Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iquestion3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I applied to MCPHS- Boston and I'm planning on joining the Pharmacy Program . I called Admissions and asked them if they received my application. Eventually they said yes. It would arrive sometime this week.

Anyway I have a couple of questions.

* Why didn't they tell me that I got in or not? ( is it because they did not want to hurt my feelings over the phone? or is it because its a rule. )

* Do Rejection (or Acceptance that you got in but not in the major you want to get in ) letters arrive before Acceptance Letters, Or is it Vice verse?

* Is it mandatory to be invited to an Interview, if your planning on majoring in pharmacy?

* What months are the interviews?
I'm So Nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm just answering these questions as a transfer pharmacy applicant.

* Why didn't they tell me that I got in or not?

MCPHS-Boston is really slow when it comes to replying to their applicants (most schools are pretty slow!). But you have to be understanding because there are a lot of applicants every year. They do put priority to applicants they are considering for the pharmacy program, usually they send out rejection at the end.

* Do Rejection (or Acceptance that you got in but not in the major you want to get in ) letters arrive before Acceptance Letters, Or is it Vice verse?

I don't know for sure, but I think acceptance letters were sent out first last year (well that's what my cousin said since he was accepted last year).

* Is it mandatory to be invited to an Interview, if your planning on majoring in pharmacy?

It is mandatory to be get an interview with MCPHS-Boston to get accepted into the pharmacy program if you are a transfer student.

The interviews are pretty much scatterred because MCPHS-Boston goes on a rolling-admission process. I just interviewed on March 13th, there was one on March 6th as well, and another back in February. At the interview, they wrote Student's Acceptance Day is March 28th on the white board.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I applied to MCPHS- Boston and I'm planning on joining the Pharmacy Program . I called Admissions and asked them if they received my application. Eventually they said yes. It would arrive sometime this week.

Anyway I have a couple of questions.

* Why didn't they tell me that I got in or not? ( is it because they did not want to hurt my feelings over the phone? or is it because its a rule. )

I'm So Nervous.
It really depends on which year you're looking to enter. I had my interview on the 13th and we were all transfers into the 3rd year. As far as I know the 1st year entries are done. The only reason that I know as to why they gave you a hard time with telling you whether they received your applications is due to confidentiality. Acceptance and Rejection letters are sent out at the same time. One does not preceed the other. As far as interviews are concerned, you will get one if you have a shot at getting accepted, they are mandatory given the volume of applicants. Depending on which year you're looking to get in at the interviews start in Novemberish and conclude in March. Hope I answered your questions.

Thank you very very much guys.

I just hope all this waiting is a good thing. :xf: