-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's MCPHS - MOT 2019
Started by KnightOT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did you apply through OTCAS? When did you submit your application? I submitted it a week ago but have not received any notifications back so I am not sure what portal you checkedHi everyone,
Has anyone heard from MCPHS? I hadn’t so I checked the online portal and it says I was placed on the waitlist.
Anyone else in the same boat or was accepted?
Yes, I applied through OTCAS back in August and was verified in early September. About a month or so after I submitted they sent me an email saying they had received my application and gave me access to an online portal where you monitor your application status.Did you apply through OTCAS? When did you submit your application? I submitted it a week ago but have not received any notifications back so I am not sure what portal you checked
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok cool. I am a little confused by OTCAS. I am verified for the applications I submitted but I didn’t know if that meant the programs were automatically given my application or if it is still pending and how I am suppose to make sure it is done. I am verified though. That means it’s all set right?Yes, I applied through OTCAS back in August and was verified in early September. About a month or so after I submitted they sent me an email saying they had received my application and gave me access to an online portal where you monitor your application status.
Yep! Once you paid the fee and your application is all verified, OTCAS will forward your application to the school. I’m sure they’ll email you soon saying they received it 🙂Ok cool. I am a little confused by OTCAS. I am verified for the applications I submitted but I didn’t know if that meant the programs were automatically given my application or if it is still pending and how I am suppose to make sure it is done. I am verified though. That means it’s all set right?
I was accepted but I will probably decline the offer. Hopefully this frees up a spot for you !Hi everyone,
Has anyone heard from MCPHS? I hadn’t so I checked the online portal and it says I was placed on the waitlist.
Anyone else in the same boat or was accepted?
Thanks for some updates! 🙂 fingers crossed and best of luck to you!I was accepted but I will probably decline the offer. Hopefully this frees up a spot for you !
Hi everyone,
Has anyone heard from MCPHS? I hadn’t so I checked the online portal and it says I was placed on the waitlist.
Anyone else in the same boat or was accepted?
Hi! I was waitlisted and emailed them asking why, they stated because I had a lot of prerequisites still in progress. As soon as I received my final grades I emailed them and a few days later my application was under review again. About 5 days later I checked the portal and got an acceptance! So you may want to reach out, but I know a big component is the prerequisites.
Hope this helps!
Thank you so much for the advice! All of my prerequisites are completed and my grades in them are pretty good, so I’m curious what lead to the waitlist. I tried contacting the admissions department and they told me they kind of didn’t know and that it could be anything... lolHi! I was waitlisted and emailed them asking why, they stated because I had a lot of prerequisites still in progress. As soon as I received my final grades I emailed them and a few days later my application was under review again. About 5 days later I checked the portal and got an acceptance! So you may want to reach out, but I know a big component is the prerequisites.
Hope this helps!
I’ll keep checking though- you never know! And congratulations on your acceptance 🙂
I interviewed with Wesley back in October (they said decisions don’t go out until March) and interviewed with Shenandoah last week. If I don’t make it off MCPHS’ waitlist, hopefully I’ll hear some good news from one of those 🙂 right now Shenandoah is my top choice.I received an acceptance but I do not think I will take it. I am going to UAB tomorrow for an interview and have one with Wesley in a couple of weeks. Have you heard back from any other schools?
Good luck with your upcoming interviews!
Have you looked into the cost of Wesley? I have my interview the 4th of February but I was interested to know if it’s much more than the 65,000 it says online. If I’m not mistaken it’s 1,000 per credit and it only looks like it’s 65 credits so.... the guy from finances was confusing and not much help lolI interviewed with Wesley back in October (they said decisions don’t go out until March) and interviewed with Shenandoah last week. If I don’t make it off MCPHS’ waitlist, hopefully I’ll hear some good news from one of those 🙂 right now Shenandoah is my top choice.
Good luck with your upcoming interviews!
Haha! All I’ve done is tried looking online but only saw the same things you did. I didn’t ask during the interview (we were having connectivity issues so I was mainly focused on answering their questions lol). Sorry I’m not much help!Have you looked into the cost of Wesley? I have my interview the 4th of February but I was interested to know if it’s much more than the 65,000 it says online. If I’m not mistaken it’s 1,000 per credit and it only looks like it’s 65 credits so.... the guy from finances was confusing and not much help lol
Good luck on your interview, the ladies I spoke with during mine were very sweet.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 16
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 911