MCPHS or Midwestern Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miranda_deaton

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from either of these schools recently? Any idea if they’ve filled their classes?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I recently interviewed at both schools so I would assume that there are still seats available.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied like two weeks ago. I took the OAT in Feb. I just got my acceptance at MCPHS after interviewing yesterday. Haven't heard from CCO yet.
Do you mind if I ask what your oat was? I applied around the same time, and I’ve taken the OAT but it was super low. I was scheduled to retake it in March, but it got cancelled. I’m taking it in two weeks but I’m afraid they’re going to fill their class.

I got 300TS and 320AA. CCO did mention during my interview that it was probably going to be their last interview since it's so late into the cycle. You may have chances with MCPHS, maybe you should email them.

Reactions: 1 user
I got 300TS and 320AA. CCO did mention during my interview that it was probably going to be their last interview since it's so late into the cycle. You may have chances with MCPHS, maybe you should email them.
Hi, I was wondering how the interview at MCPHS was like? I am assuming it was a vitual interview. I have mine coming up and would love some advice. Thanks

Hi, I was wondering how the interview at MCPHS was like? I am assuming it was a vitual interview. I have mine coming up and would love some advice. Thanks
It was pretty chill and the admission committee was really nice. Just have some of the common interview answers ready, like tell me about yourself, why optometry? how do you study/time management? what can you offer to the student body? why did you choose this program? There was also an ethical question that he picked from a list. It was really smooth, nothing out of the ordinary.

It was pretty chill and the admission committee was really nice. Just have some of the common interview answers ready, like tell me about yourself, why optometry? how do you study/time management? what can you offer to the student body? why did you choose this program? There was also an ethical question that he picked from a list. It was really smooth, nothing out of the ordinary.
Thank you so much and congrads on your acceptance.

Hey,
Even I have upcoming interview with MCPHS and it says there will be a writing sample following interview. Just curious how to prepare for it ? Any suggestions ?

Hey,
Even I have upcoming interview with MCPHS and it says there will be a writing sample following interview. Just curious how to prepare for it ? Any suggestions ?
I just had mine last week. It wasn't bad at all. They give you a list of scenarios/topics and you can choose what you want to write about. They do not have a required amount of words or paragraphs but they recommend about 300 words or 3 paragraphs. And the interview was very chill. Like others have said, just prepare to answer those basic questions. Good luck.