MCPHS Pharmacy school hands down the worst school. run!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dontcometomcphs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m currently serving my time out at this “school” but you don’t have to be…. What can I say to get you not to come here? I was wondering for a long time how to express my discontent with this school. Well first of all there is a real chance you will fail out. You will definitely work harder than you would in a good/normal school but you will also learn less here. After the first 2 semester (~38 credits) you will still wonder what a pharmacist does. Then 3 rd semester of your first year you will get pushed into the water to sink or swim.
This school is like a money making machine and they squeeze every cent out of you (besides the extravagant tuition they charge here). Everything is extra and always increasing … makes you wonder where the money trail goes….
Anyway I can keep going so if I was you I would be wondering at this point if this student is the odd one in the bunch… nope sorry to disappoint you, especially if your staring in 2011 and your deposit is in their hands. I know most people in my class and many in upper classes’ people who like me like to socialize have friends come from medium-large (only saying this cause one is more exposed to things in larger cities) and they all HATE this place… But there have got to be those that like this school !!! yes your right they are from the bumble**** places, they are introverts…basically don’t know any better.
One last note don’t get fooled by the admissions dept they are genuinely nice ppl but they don’t run the school remember that.
Thanks for reading
Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad.

thanks, but my hero is in mcphs boston, he thought I will get accepted but I didnt. Currently he was holding a 3.9 there. Even though it enjoys a rich history I dont I like the school curriculum of high failing rate. The school I got accepted to pcom has a 90% passing rate. And LIU isnt so bad. I have to say, you guys have a lot of attractive females in your school when I went for my interview. Alot of koreans as well lol

I’m currently serving my time out at this “school” but you don’t have to be…. What can I say to get you not to come here? I was wondering for a long time how to express my discontent with this school. Well first of all there is a real chance you will fail out. You will definitely work harder than you would in a good/normal school but you will also learn less here. After the first 2 semester (~38 credits) you will still wonder what a pharmacist does. Then 3 rd semester of your first year you will get pushed into the water to sink or swim.
This school is like a money making machine and they squeeze every cent out of you (besides the extravagant tuition they charge here). Everything is extra and always increasing … makes you wonder where the money trail goes….
Anyway I can keep going so if I was you I would be wondering at this point if this student is the odd one in the bunch… nope sorry to disappoint you, especially if your staring in 2011 and your deposit is in their hands. I know most people in my class and many in upper classes’ people who like me like to socialize have friends come from medium-large (only saying this cause one is more exposed to things in larger cities) and they all HATE this place… But there have got to be those that like this school !!! yes your right they are from the bumble**** places, they are introverts…basically don’t know any better.
One last note don’t get fooled by the admissions dept they are genuinely nice ppl but they don’t run the school remember that.
Thanks for reading
Hope this helps
Are you in the 0-6 program or the 3 year accelerated?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't really like my school either, but its too late to change anything, so just hang in there! Show them youre a boss and just do well!

is it really that bad?
My advisor said it's a good school....

I got declined from this school. I emailed them and asked why. They said my GPA was too low, and that it needs to be much higher. I asked what I could do to increase my chances, and they said I am too much below the avg GPA accepted. They basically told me in fewer words that there is nothing I can do and I should not apply there again. My PharmCAS GPA was 3.05 at that time. Even If I did re-apply and got accepted I would not go there, but I didn't even bother ever applying again.

I am a 2nd year student, and most of my friends are 3rd and 4th year students. We were laughing at the first post here. This school does teach, and has a much better reputation and curriculum than most others. Yes, you do need a high GPA to get into this school, but why would any decent school want students who are not up to par? If you fail out it just means you're not studying enough. I know of two pharmacists who went to St. John's and USP, and both said MCPHSU is better!