MCPHS waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HM-boss

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I interviewed at MCPHS early september and got waitlisted. They said im still a strong candidate but they would like me to retake the OAT which im planning to do. Im just wondering in the worst case scenario do i have a chance getting off the waitlist this spring considering i applied and interviewed early on and having a high GPA? Has anyone gotten off their waitlist at MCPHS before? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wasn't waitlisted, so sorry if I'm not much help, but I think you may have a good chance. The admissions at MCPHS are very nice. Probably the nicest people I've ever met. So if you stay in touch and show your interest, I think it would help you out a lot. Also, a lot of people choosing other schools would most likely have to put in a deposit by April, while MCPHS continues to accept students till May, I think. So this would open room for the waitlisted folks since a lot of the students that may have had MCPHS on hold by getting accepted to MCPHS would be released if they chose another school. But definitely submitting your new scores as soon as possible would increase your chances because it does depend on the number of seats.

I just respectively declined my offer at MCPHS as I got into another school that was of more convenience for me, so there's one spot already! Good luck!

I wasn't waitlisted, so sorry if I'm not much help, but I think you may have a good chance. The admissions at MCPHS are very nice. Probably the nicest people I've ever met. So if you stay in touch and show your interest, I think it would help you out a lot. Also, a lot of people choosing other schools would most likely have to put in a deposit by April, while MCPHS continues to accept students till May, I think. So this would open room for the waitlisted folks since a lot of the students that may have had MCPHS on hold by getting accepted to MCPHS would be released if they chose another school. But definitely submitting your new scores as soon as possible would increase your chances because it does depend on the number of seats.

I just respectively declined my offer at MCPHS as I got into another school that was of more convenience for me, so there's one spot already! Good luck!
Thank you so much for the encouragement! Indeed the admission people are very nice! Im also planning on sending my fall grades alongside a letter of intent to boost my chances!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for the encouragement! Indeed the admission people are very nice! Im also planning on sending my fall grades alongside a letter of intent to boost my chances!

What kind of stuff goes into a letter of intent? I want to write one as well but for a different school and I wish you all the luck! I had to retake my OAT as well, but no specific scores were mentioned that I had to get.

What kind of stuff goes into a letter of intent? I want to write one as well but for a different school and I wish you all the luck! I had to retake my OAT as well, but no specific scores were mentioned that I had to get.
I think you let the committee of the school know that they are your first choice and that you would commit if you get accepted and that you only see yourself going there. Letters of intents are very common for waitlisted med school applicants. I don't think many people write LOI for optometry schools which is why i think its a good idea to actually write one because its more likely that it will make you stand out from the rest of the waitlisted pool

Last edited:
I think you let the committee of the school know that they are your first choice and that you would commit if you get accepted and that you only see yourself going there. Letters of intents are very common for waitlisted med school applicants. I don't think many people write LOI for optometry schools which is why i think its a good idea to actually write one because its more likely that it will make you stand out from the rest of the waitlisted pool

Ah okay, thank you so much! I already sent them my updated scores and now I am just waiting for a decision, but not sure if the letter should be sent before that decision or after...

Ah okay, thank you so much! I already sent them my updated scores and now I am just waiting for a decision, but not sure if the letter should be sent before that decision or after...
I would say wait for a decision first and then if you are still waitlisted then send LOI.

Reactions: 1 user