Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

MCPHS-Worcester Campus Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by DrCure21, Dec 7, 2005.

1. DrCure21

DrCure21 Member
    5+ Year Member

Hello guys:

I received a letter over the mail for an interview invitation at MCPHS-Worcester Campus. I just they make you write an essay? any helpful tips) is extremely appreciated. scheduled my interview. I was wondering if anyone has been interviewed at Worcester. Any information about the interview (like what do they ask, or doWorcester is my number one choice and If I get accepted I will go there for sure! Please, respond with any comments about the interview process or the school.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

DrCure21

2. calrx

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Check your PM.

3. rivatnt

rivatnt Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Huh?

4. chuks_pharmD

chuks_pharmD Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
  5. chuks_pharmD

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student

6. You will be able to pick a day. It is not a group interview but one on one. However, I heard they have one big group interview on Jan for those who can't make weekdays; it will be either Fri or Sat. Pick a day as soon as possible in that they use a rolling admission; they interview people and if you are qualified, you will get in. Thus, it will be more competitive to the end when they have few spots left.

Good luck on interview.

7. speednutsII

speednutsII Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I interviewed with Mass Worcester. The essay isn't a big deal. They just sit you in a room with a piece of paper, a pen and a list of topics to choose from. So just write. They just want to know if you can communicate ideas effectively, that you're able to write halfways decently, and that you can respond to a little bit of pressure.

Otherwise, the interview is pretty low key. They just give you a tour, you ask a bunch of questions, and they ask you a couple of questions along the lines of why you want to be in pharmacy. Also, importantly, they may ask you about how you intend to handle the workload. The mass program is accelerated and they have a 25% dropout rate by the end of the year, so it's important for them to recruit students who have an idea of how they are going to get through the workload. Have a good answer for that.

8. I didn't know they have that high dropout rate. I asked such a question to my interviewer and she mentioned that they usually lose about 5 to 7 people per year. I think this is a little bit higher than norm but have no idea on other schools. hmmm, where you get the number from?

9. chuks_pharmD

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hi....DrCure21 .....when is ur interview.... Just curious to know.....

10. vhp

vhp New Member

I dont know if that 25% is true, i got accepted and my interviewer told me that the retention rate is about 90% and I have talked to students who attend and they said the course load is manegable...so dont make that a reason for not attending the school.

11. henderson

henderson Member
    5+ Year Member

Do any of you guys know by when all the pre-requisite courses for Worcester need to be completed by? Is it by summer or spring semester of this year for people who intend to enroll in the fall 2006? I saw a listing of prereqs on their website but couldn't find the deadline. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

12. calrx

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    They just need to be done by the time you begin pharmacy school. You have the summer to take classes if necessary; you just have to get them approved ahead of time.

13. DrCure21

DrCure21 Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey guys:

Sorry for taking so long to get back at you guys. I was travelling all over the states and I just got back home. Anyways, I had my interview for MCPHS on december before christmas. It was a very easy interview. I just had to write an essay (not difficult at all, the topics are really easy). The interviewer asked me a few questions such as why pharmacy? why worcester? how are you going to handle such a challenging curriculum? extracurricular activities?
    The interviewer was extremely welcoming and the interview was very relaxing. After the interview, they showed me the school and the new building where the dorms are located. Right after that, I left worcester!
    I liked the school a lot; everything smells new and fresh lol
    I am really looking forward to go there; it's only three years and I'm trying to finish my education and start working as soon as possible.
    As soon as I get the acceptance letter I will let you guys know. If there is anyone else going to MCPHS-Worcester for sure, please send me a private message, I am looooooooking for a rooooooomate lol
    talk to you guys later,

Best regards,

DrCure21

14. kingroger317

kingroger317 Member
    5+ Year Member

does anybody know any info about the 6 year MCPHS-Bosot program?

15. You can transfer to the program but I don't think you can start as freshmen unless you are a high school student.