mcphs-worcester interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kadee06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ..I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I have an interview at mcphs-worcester in a couple of weeks and wanted to know what it's like and how the day is arranged. Is it a group interview? Also, I heard that they ask us to write an essay. What kind of essay is this?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey ..I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I have an interview at mcphs-worcester in a couple of weeks and wanted to know what it's like and how the day is arranged. Is it a group interview? Also, I heard that they ask us to write an essay. What kind of essay is this?

Thanks

Just read the interview feedbacks. They pretty much describe what it is like. I didn't have a group interview. It was one on one. They are very nice and the best advice I can give is just be yourself.

Thanks

Mine was also one on one...the essay is really easy, nothing to be worried about. You have half an hour to write one page (front only) about your favorite activity outside of school, a book you recently read, etc. Took me about 15 minutes at most.

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview goes in this order:
-You come in the door, sign in and get a visitor badge from the security guy
-You will probably see Kate, ask her questions if you file have been complete or not (if you want to --I suggest it)
-Kate will give you a couple of sheets of paper with the essay topics on it and take you to another room to do the essay for 30mins. Topics are : favorite food, book, movie, etc...
-After you're done, you turn in the paper and come to see the interviewer for your interview. The interview is about 20-30mins, depending on how much you talk and how many questions you'll ask your interviewer at the end (when he/she says "Do you have any question for me?")
-Then your interviewer takes you for a tour of the 2 buidlings (about 20-30mins max). Ask questions during this tour if you'd like.
-Then it's over, you say good bye and smile :)
IT's really cold now there, when I was there last week it snowed and the train stations were extremely cold. So bring your coat! Good luck!

Will they supply paper and pens for the essay? or should I bring them?

thanks~

thanks~

They supply it...I brought a leather portfolio with pad and pen to look more professional but I didn't use it once. Although, if you have a lot of questions it may be helpful to write some down so you remember to ask at the end of the interview. It also makes you look well prepared but you really don't have to bring anything.

thanks~

kate has plenty of pen/pencils for your essay. however, bringing your own utensils show, once again, that you prepared yourself for the interview. Hence, you knew you had to write an essay so you brought a pen. Kate is also part of the admissions committee... I don't know how that would affect the decision in any way. It might not. I just think that being ready is the key to go, especially at a 3 year school where they prefer you to be mature and independent.

kate has plenty of pen/pencils for your essay. however, bringing your own utensils show, once again, that you prepared yourself for the interview. Hence, you knew you had to write an essay so you brought a pen. Kate is also part of the admissions committee... I don't know how that would affect the decision in any way. It might not. I just think that being ready is the key to go, especially at a 3 year school where they prefer you to be mature and independent.

Greatdeals225, it sounds as if you've already had your interview with MCPHS-Worcester. I was just wondering if you have, have you heard anything from them yet? Acceptance/Waitlist? I'm trying to figure out how long the interviewee has to wait for a response!! THANX!!:)

I had an interview at worcester on 1/17. Kate told me they'd let me know in about 2 weeks latest....I got an acceptance letter on the 19th! I have till the 16th of Feb to put down a 750 deposit. You can PM me if you have Q's.

I had the interview with them on 1/11 and received my acceptance letter today (1/22). After the interview, I asked and Kate and the interviewer told me that it would take at least 2 weeks but for my situation, it seems faster than that. I have until Feb 17 to put down the 750 $ deposit. Have you platinumdl had the interview yet? If you haven't and have questions about the interview (what they asked and what the essay topics were), PM me at your convenience. Good luck !

Congrats on both of your acceptances:thumbup: My interview is on Wednesday, Jan. 24th, hopefully I'm not too nervous and screw up my interview?! More importantly, I hope I receive an acceptance letter as fast as you all have!!:) Thanx for your replies!!

Yes, I had my interview with them on the 17th. The faculty member said that it will be 2 weeks

i just found out that i got accepted....are you guys matriculating this fall? and for current students, how do you like school?

Thanks

i just found out that i got accepted....are you guys matriculating this fall? and for current students, how do you like school?

Thanks

Kadee06, when was your interview and how long did it take for them to respond with an acceptance letter?! Thanx!!!

hey platinumdl..I actually interviewed on wed (jan 24) and got the acceptance today. They work really fast I guess.

i had my interview on jan 11.. and i still havent heard anything. great, do u think they take longer if u got rejected? :(

hey platinumdl..I actually interviewed on wed (jan 24) and got the acceptance today. They work really fast I guess.

kadee, congrats you received it so fast! just wondering.. what state are u from?

Hey creestol, i'm from NY.

They usually send acceptances super fast. I interviewed on a Monday. My acceptance letter was postmarked on the following day, Tuesday.
However, I didn't get it until the Monday after b/c I'm from CA.

You might want to call them up and ask them about your status. Maybe your letter got lost in the mail?

I called mcphs and they said they mailed out my letter on jan 19.. i think my letter definitely got lost in the mail.. or delayed somehow, but he told me they will resend my packet, be patient and to celebrate this weekend because it is good news :D i was so surprised to hear that, i totally thought i got rejected!:p

I called mcphs and they said they mailed out my letter on jan 19.. i think my letter definitely got lost in the mail.. or delayed somehow, but he told me they will resend my packet, be patient and to celebrate this weekend because it is good news :D i was so surprised to hear that, i totally thought i got rejected!:p

WOW!congrats!!!! Good luck to u:)