Mcphs worcester vs. Lecom bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chatterbox2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current pharmacy students! I'm having a hard time deciding between the two schools (MCPHS-Worcester and LECOM-Florida). Can anyone please share their experiences/thoughts/opinions for either of these schools? What is the NAPLEX passing rate for each school (if anyone knows)? Also, How is the safety of both schools?

My current thoughts of these schools:

MCPHS-Worcester
3 year accelerated program (I don't want to be constantly STUDYING all the time, I want to enjoy my pharmacy school experience-- meeting new people.. etc)
ranked higher
near boston
friendly faculty

LECOM-Bradenton Florida
cheaper tuition
warm beach weather
easier to work while attending school with their pace
4 year program (with summer and winter breaks)

Any feedback would be great!!! I appreciate it all. Thanks guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi just wanted to ask you how was the interview at Bardenton univesity i have interview on 4th, what type of essay question they asked. thank you

Safety was never a big concern for me, but at LECOM we all have badges that we use to get in and leave each day. The entire school is video monitored and we can only enter and exit through one doorway that happens to be right next to the security department.

Parking lots are all video recorded and we have to have our cars registered with the school. We're also issued parking passes.

Overall, I feel very safe at school,but sometimes it can be a burden. However, I can leave my laptop, iphone, wallet, keys, whatever just sitting in the cafeteria and go use the restroom and be absolutely confident they will be there when I get back.

After going through the 4 year curriculum, I know I would have not been able to complete a 3 year without serious deficiencies due to my personal life not allowing the time for studying I would've needed. Not much I can say about the other school, hopefully someone will chime in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current pharmacy students! I'm having a hard time deciding between the two schools (MCPHS-Worcester and LECOM-Florida). Can anyone please share their experiences/thoughts/opinions for either of these schools? What is the NAPLEX passing rate for each school (if anyone knows)? Also, How is the safety of both schools?

My current thoughts of these schools:

MCPHS-Worcester
3 year accelerated program (I don't want to be constantly STUDYING all the time, I want to enjoy my pharmacy school experience-- meeting new people.. etc)
ranked higher
near boston
friendly faculty

LECOM-Bradenton Florida
cheaper tuition
warm beach weather
easier to work while attending school with their pace
4 year program (with summer and winter breaks)

Any feedback would be great!!! I appreciate it all. Thanks guys!!

If you don't want to always be studying then MCPHS Worcester probably isnt the program for you. I know there are some students that get away with studying less, but they have really good short term memory. Otherwise, I study for hours every single day. Our exam schedule is hectic, 1st year we have about 25 exams each semester (some weeks have 3 exams), 2nd yr the exams are more spaced out but are much more challenging.

Safety is okay, not in the greatest area but I have never had any problems.. we have security personnel.

NAPLEX passing rate was 97.89% for 2012 (natl avg is 97.19%)

Hi h r you. Have question please help. I have interview at B-lecom on the 4/4/2013. What type of interview question they ask? What are the essay tops. Thanksssss