MCPHS-Worcester vs. USN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SuperBenster

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I chose to stay in Nevada because I bought a house about 5 years ago and have my whole family here. However, I recently feel like I may need to go with MCPHS. If you are attending any of these schools, please give me some insights... Thanks!
 
I'd say MCPHS Hands down. Although there is a thread somewhere on this board with a really long discussion about how difficult MCPHS-Worcester is, its reputation is really the school's strong point. I was also considering Worcester at one point against LECOM-Erie, and all the pharmacists that I worked with recommended MCPHS simply because the school has been around for so long and has such a great reputation. Plus Worcester students share the same rotation sites as Boston students <- tons of rotation opportunities.

USN does not have nearly the reputation nor the facilities and rotations as MCPHS. I don't know when USN Pharm was founded, but LECOM Erie is a relatively newer school while MCPHS has been around for, but don't quote me on this, 100+ years.

By the way, did you also interview at LECOM Erie?