MCPHS Worcester wait list/interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

synthesis

PharmD to be
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wish I'd found this site a while ago! :cool:

Can anyone tell me (from experience) how likely it is that I will get into MCPHS Worcester after being waitlisted? I was told that my application is strong and I'm signed up for an interview this week. Also, does anyone know what sort of interview format they have? ::Biting off remnants of nails::

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

synthesis said:
Wish I'd found this site a while ago! :cool:

Can anyone tell me (from experience) how likely it is that I will get into MCPHS Worcester after being waitlisted? I was told that my application is strong and I'm signed up for an interview this week. Also, does anyone know what sort of interview format they have? ::Biting off remnants of nails::

Thanks!

Hi! First, as to interview format, check out the SDN interviews. I and several others posted details about them.
Also, I do recall saying that it does happen that people get pulled off the waiting list, as late as a week before class. The professor who interviewed me said that they had several last year who didn't adequately complete the pre-reqs they needed, so they called one wait-listed person 3 days before class began!!
I was biting my nails off b4 the interview too, but they were great...relaxed and not uptight at all. Made me feel very comfortable.
Good luck!!

I has the same experience with the interview. It is very laid back and relaxed. I felt like my interview was just a conversation back and forth. The interviewer asked me a couple of questions...but most of time just talking about the field...what area i am interested in and what they have to offer me. Before to interview you have to write a essay...30 min. Which is pretty simple as well...i wouldn't worry too much about the interview. Read all posts on SDN feeback and just prepare all the questions.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just asked Kate (the admission assistant at MCPHS-worcester) to drop me from the class of 2009. She will call up 1 person from the waiting list, probably today or tomorrow, to fill the spot.
sorrie for making the withdrawal decision quite late. I like this school & the 3-year program a lot so I just couldn't let it go. :(
anyway, good luck to those on the waiting list. :) :luck:

Thanks for the help guys...keep it coming!
;)

chuks_pharmD, Kate did tell me that she will withdraw me from 2009 class today. She didn't tell me that she will call up someone from waiting list today. I was assuming that. (From my experience, admission pple usually try to fill up the spot right away when someone drops out.) sorrie for the inconvenience. :( :( .
each student who gets accepted to MCPHS-worcester receives a different deadline for the deposit. if i'm correct, from the day u receive the acceptance letter to the deposit deadline is approximately 3 weeks.

hope u get in. :)

Aagh! Another month?! ::pulls hair:: :eek:

Are you sure?

well i really can't tell u how long u r gonna have to play this wait game because last year we pulled people from wait list around end of june...........and the year before last year we pulled people from the wait list about 2 weeks before classes started...........

Whoa. I thought rolling admissions=rolling wait list. Do they pick from the pool all at once? :scared:

Good luck on y(our) apps
:luck:

A lot of people who were accepted to MCPHS on this board changed their mind. Check the roll call thread.

I will be withdrawing my acceptance very soon too. So, one more spot for you guys.
The interview is VERY laid back. but you gotta know your stuff. they want to see if you can talk intelligently and write a meaningful short essay without the aid of a PC. I was interviewed and accepted within 4 weeks after I submitted my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was waitlisted without an interview at MCPHS worcester so my chances of getting in look pretty slim right now.....actually i know a few other people who applied and got waitlisted without an interview as well.....i wonder why they do that and whether they ever actually admit people like us!

I just called Erica... and withdrew my acceptance.
Best of luck to those who are waiting.

synthesis said:
Hmm. Anyone hear anything?
nothing so far.....lets see what's going to happen shall we?

Has anyone interviewed for the wait list been pulled off yet? I got the impression at my interview that there were <10 spots left. :scared:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum & I have a couple of questions for those of you who were waitlisted at MCPHS-Worcester.
For those of you who were waitlisted with an interview, have you received an acceptance letter yet?
For those of you who were waitlisted without an interview, have you been called yet for an interview? Did you receive an acceptance letter yet?
Thanks ahead of time for your replies. I really appreciate it. :D

I'm just trying to find out some info, as I was on the waitlist without an interview, & I just received an interview last week. Can somebody please reply to my post? :confused:
Thank you again & Good luck to All!!!

J&J'sVette said:
I'm just trying to find out some info, as I was on the waitlist without an interview, & I just received an interview last week. Can somebody please reply to my post? :confused:
Thank you again & Good luck to All!!!

Hi J&J-
If noone replies, I would suggest you click on the names of people who've mentioned they've been waitlisted and check "find more posts by X"..you can generally trace their journey. This may help.
Good luck :)

Hi Pharmforme,

Thanks for replying. Your suggestion is really helpful. Maybe I'll be seeing you in the fall. :)

Hi, I am new in SDN. I just got an interview letter from Worcester pharmD program 2 weeks after i e-submitted my application and i scheduled for an appointment this Friday, Oct. 28.I am so tensed.Can anyone please give me any helpful suggestion about what type og questions they can ask and about essay topics.is it too much to worry about?Any suggestion will be so helpful.Thank you.

hey everyone! how is the interview process at worcester!? im freaking out. should i be?