MCPHS Worchester info.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heyhey20

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone!

i was just wondering if anyone who has applied to MCPHS Worchester campus, (which i believe is for students who already graduated from a 4-year university with a B.S. degree, correct me if I'm wrong) or who attend the school could give me some advice on whether or not they like the school and the education they provide. Also, is the minimum gpa 2.5 or 3.0? I searched the website but I couldn't find the answer. I've heard mixed reviews about this school...some people have told me that it's not that hard to get into (is there such a school, lol)? Also, some people have told me negative things about this school, so I was just wondering if people who have gone there or have applied there can give me their opinion.

thanks in advance for your input guys!

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone!

i was just wondering if anyone who has applied to MCPHS Worchester campus, (which i believe is for students who already graduated from a 4-year university with a B.S. degree, correct me if I'm wrong) or who attend the school could give me some advice on whether or not they like the school and the education they provide. Also, is the minimum gpa 2.5 or 3.0? I searched the website but I couldn't find the answer. I've heard mixed reviews about this school...some people have told me that it's not that hard to get into (is there such a school, lol)? Also, some people have told me negative things about this school, so I was just wondering if people who have gone there or have applied there can give me their opinion.

thanks in advance for your input guys!

I can tell you I have not applied to Worcester yet. I have emailed them and they told me 85% have a BS degree in science with a 3.3 and above were enrolled. As for me, I will be the 15% getting the prereqs done. = (

It is a 3 year accelerated program (all year long).

The acceptance rate for the PharmD program in 2007 at MCP-W was 20%. I think that each year the rate of acceptance declines because they have more and more applicants. I'm not sure how that compares to other schools. They do pay close attention to your course load/level of couses during pre-reqs because the program is said to be very stressful due to the accelerated nature of the program. Check out some of the MCPHS class threads. Many of the current students discuss their experiences there.

Also, MCPHS graduating students had a 97% pass rate for the NAPLEX last year... so I would imagine they must be very selective when picking students, or they just do an excellent job preparing their students. :)