MCPHS worchester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marine123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I just got invited for an interview to MCPHS worchester.
I have to fly. Does anyone know the best place to stay at? Shuttle or cab situation? Which airport to land on. I'm coming from California. How is the weather there? Would I freeze to death cause I don't know real cold....any advice really. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I just got invited for an interview to MCPHS worchester.
I have to fly. Does anyone know the best place to stay at? Shuttle or cab situation? Which airport to land on. I'm coming from California. How is the weather there? Would I freeze to death cause I don't know real cold....any advice really. Thanks!

hey...how did u get the interview request????? did they email u or called u or wht????? can u tell me ur stats plz??????? and also whn did u apply????im waiting to hear from them too...:scared:

I applied Jan 22. I rushed mailed everything....transcripts and application. They sent me a letter confirming that I had everything on Feb 5th. They said that they will be processing my application. Then they sent me an invitation via mail just yesterday. Their response was actually pretty fast. My Gpa is 3.4. I have a BS.

When did you apply? They should be sending you confirmations when they receive your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a thread on MCP Worcester, a very old one like last November. You should search for it, people talked about the essay topics, how to fly there and how to use the subway connection... I wrote a detailed schedule of the interview on there also. You should plan ahead as the travelling might be a problem. Good luck!

First- fly in at least the day before! That way you won't be rushed the day of. There is a hilton and a crowne plaza hotel with two blocks of here. When I came I stayed at a hostel in Boston an commuted in the day of my interview. I also stayed a couple of days so I could see some of the sites before I headed home in case I didn't move here. Also- If you decided to stay in worcester you have three airports you could fly into: Boston, Providence, or Manchester. Just PM me if you have more questions.
Good Luck

I applied Jan 22. I rushed mailed everything....transcripts and application. They sent me a letter confirming that I had everything on Feb 5th. They said that they will be processing my application. Then they sent me an invitation via mail just yesterday. Their response was actually pretty fast. My Gpa is 3.4. I have a BS.

When did you apply? They should be sending you confirmations when they receive your application.

I applied on the last day...Jan 31st....havent heard anything yet...r u in-state???

I applied on the last day...Jan 31st....havent heard anything yet...r u in-state???

You quoted his post but did you read the OP..marine123 states they have to fly, which should tell you he's not from MA, and then mentions California...CMON. I bet you're just nervous b/c you haven't heard from MCP yet but you will eventually, probably real soon.

By the way marine123, there is no H in Worcester, common mistake for people outside New England, just don't pronounce it like that at the interview, haha, won't sound so good. Goodluck though, mine was pretty laid back, they made me feel completely comfortable.

You quoted his post but did you read it...marine123 states they have to fly, which should tell you he's not from MA, and then mentions California...CMON. I bet you're just nervous b/c you haven't heard from MCP yet but you will eventually, probably real soon.

By the way marine123, there is no H in Worcester, common mistake for people outside New England, just don't pronounce it like that at the interview, haha, won't sound so good. Goodluck though, mine was pretty laid back, they made me feel completely comfortable.

hehe...:laugh: i asked a stupid question...i am so nervoussssss:scared:

Oh my god! You are right! There is no "H" in worcester. I just noticed that! I think I wrote that on my essay. Oh well...I got on interview....I'll be careful next time. Thanks for the heads up.

I think someone asked in i'm an instate applicant...I'm applying for california.

Hey all,

I applied to MCP - Worcester in September, got my interview in November, and was accepted 2 days after the interview.

The Crowne Plaza two blocks away was a decent hotel but whole area is completely deserted. Def not the city life I'm used to in North NJ.

Anyone else here back from MCP-Worcester? A girl from my same undergrad university applied in December and she hasn't heard back at all yet either.

she should call if she hasn't heard back yet. They generally try to reply with in month or so.

I'm from Georgia, my interview is March 7 (late morning). I'm flying airtran from ATL to Boston March 6, renting from enterprise (cheapest of all rentals) then driving 50 miles to the La Quinta in Auburn ($53 a night), which is 10 minutes away from the school. After the interview, fly back to ATL.
I have a BS and my overall GPA is 3.4 and so is my science and math GPA. I have 1 year Tech Experience, Habitat for Humanity, Helped a church group for relief trip to Africa. I have great recommendations from my advisor and pharmacists.

Hey TBS5280, I did the same thing for my interview. Flew into Boston, rented a car from enterprise, and stayed at the La Quinta in Auburn...kinda odd. Let me know if you have questions about your trip...seeing how I did the same thing. There is a mall right next to the hotel. Its a good place to go eat or if you need any last minute things before the interview.

just got into mcphs.. wanted to know if anyone heard anything good about it before i put in my deposit!

Congratulations! How was the interview? How long did it take for them to make a decision? Any advice?

just got into mcphs.. wanted to know if anyone heard anything good about it before i put in my deposit!

Congrats. Hopefully I'll see you there. I know 2 people currently P1 and P2 at the school. They are like me and you, both with BS degrees. I've heard good things. You get out of it, what you put in.

Heads up.. The priority filing date for FAFSA application for MCPHS is 3/15/2007. Good luck

Congrats icant. See you there.

For those accepted to MCPHS-Worcester. Do you know when we will receive a packet that would contain the orientation info, admission papers, financial documents...etc.

I received the health packet last week and plan on taking care of that soon, but I was just wondering about the aforementioned documents.

Orientation info = July
Admission (schedule)= week before school starts
Financial=April
Housing=April

Thanks astevens, looks like we can all count on you for info.

Does anyone know what MCPHS does about health insurance and how much it costs a year or semester?

Hey TBS5280, I did the same thing for my interview. Flew into Boston, rented a car from enterprise, and stayed at the La Quinta in Auburn...kinda odd. Let me know if you have questions about your trip...seeing how I did the same thing. There is a mall right next to the hotel. Its a good place to go eat or if you need any last minute things before the interview.

I had my interview two days ago and it went very well even though the students were off for springbreak. The faculty memeber was very nice and the school is pretty new looking. I did get lost three times while traveling, but got on the right rode pretty quickly. It was surely cold there.