MCPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mereb05

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just applied to MCPHS on May 1 because they sent out an email saying the deadline was extended so I figured why not apply just to see. I am just wondering what my chances of getting an interview are because I do have a lower GPA and OAT scores. I do know that they look at experience and personality, which I have both so I'm hoping I can at least get an interview to prove myself to them. My GPA is a 3.0 and my OAT scores are 270...I'm not a very good standardized test taker obviously.. I do plan to retake the test, but those are the scores they have now.

I am very passionate about becoming an optometrist and this is a very stressful process so if anyone can give me some input/ hope that I can receive an interview, I would really appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I just applied to MCPHS on May 1 because they sent out an email saying the deadline was extended so I figured why not apply just to see. I am just wondering what my chances of getting an interview are because I do have a lower GPA and OAT scores. I do know that they look at experience and personality, which I have both so I'm hoping I can at least get an interview to prove myself to them. My GPA is a 3.0 and my OAT scores are 270...I'm not a very good standardized test taker obviously.. I do plan to retake the test, but those are the scores they have now.

I am very passionate about becoming an optometrist and this is a very stressful process so if anyone can give me some input/ hope that I can receive an interview, I would really appreciate it!
I hate to say this, but you are way too late to apply especially your OAT is not competitive enough for late applicant. I'd suggest you to take some time to study and retake the OAT and apply early next year. I was once on the same boat as you are right now, but doing the extra work definitely pays off at the end.