MCPHS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlyingGnome

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I was just wondering if anyone heard anything positive or negative about the DPT program at MCPHS in Worcester?
It seems that everyone talks about the pharmacy program and I can't find much about the physical therapy program.
Are there any students in the program that could tell me what they think about the program?
How are the professors? Do they set you up for success?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview the 28th. however, i received an another interview invite the same day. I've already spent money on a flight and hotel. would you be able give some examples of the experience you've went through?

I would see if you could get refunds, definitely go to the other interview. Basically, you aren’t set up for success because you aren’t guaranteed a spot every term. They head hunt for reasons to kick you out. The curriculum is outdated, and all but 2 of the professors haven’t practiced in decades. I could literally go on all day.

oh wow.. So even if you pass the semester you arnt guaranteed a spot for next the following semester// term? Or are you saying if you have to retake a term you arnt guaranteed to be able to retake it?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh wow.. So even if you pass the semester you arnt guaranteed a spot for next the following semester// term? Or are you saying if you have to retake a term you arnt guaranteed to be able to retake it?
I just had my interview there and it was an awesome experience. So I'm pretty shocked to hear that someone has such negative things to say about it.

Reactions: 1 user
I just had my interview there and it was an awesome experience. So I'm pretty shocked to hear that someone has such negative things to say about it.

Yeah.. i think im still going to go to the interview. Ive never been out east so it will be an experience in itself ! Was the interview a group interview or one on one? was there an area for parents?
Im traveling all the way from Kentucky.. !!

I was accepted to the program early on in the cycle and I really enjoyed the interview and the program. The interview was one on one with a faculty member. I actually had the director of the program and she seemed nice and engaged. The questions are all very straight forward, they have a list that is standard for all students for that day. Don't stress out too much! There is a writing section where you get to pick a prompt from a list of like 6-7, so just find one you can answer well.
The city itself isn't the greatest, imo, but the campus seemed to be all brand new facilities.
Good luck! Im sure you'll do great.

I was also accepted to the program early on in the cycle. I had an interview with the clinical director and she was very nice and answered every single one of my questions.
There is a probono clinic on campus called BMW where you get to practice your skills before going out in the real world.
When we had the program director tell us about the program, she seemed to dodge all the questions that were asked (financial aid, scholarships, clinical placements, etc).
When the students were giving us a tour, they didn't seem too enthusiastic about the program. It kind of felt like a sales pitch and I didn't get a sense of honesty from the students.
I ended up rescinding my seat in the program, but this was just my experience with the interview.
Your interview could be completely different and I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:
can you please go into detail and elaborate about some of the things that has occurred.. i find this very important.

what did everyone think about their experience yesterday?