-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mcphs ....
Started by manutdmax
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Depends on which school. Boston or Worcester? I'm at Worcester with a 3.6 prepharm gpa. They accepted 10% of the 1200 applicants here.
Depends on which school. Boston or Worcester? I'm at Worcester with a 3.6 prepharm gpa. They accepted 10% of the 1200 applicants here.
well which campus you think its easier...what other things they do consider other than the GPA
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do a search, you'll find a plethora of threads with mcphs in the title.
yea.. lots of threads. It all depends what YOUR stats are.. not ours.. if you have a bachelors, plenty of pharmacy experience, and a good GPA over all then you're good to go.
yea.. lots of threads. It all depends what YOUR stats are.. not ours.. if you have a bachelors, plenty of pharmacy experience, and a good GPA over all then you're good to go.
well i am working at CVS as tech now, and i have bachelor in biology and will finish my masters in biotechnology next jan , my GPA is around 3.3 and i will take the PCAT next saturday
well i am working at CVS as tech now, and i have bachelor in biology and will finish my masters in biotechnology next jan , my GPA is around 3.3 and i will take the PCAT next saturday
I'd say your stats are not bad! couple that with a great interview and you'll be all set!
I'd say your stats are not bad! couple that with a great interview and you'll be all set!
do you think with master degree i will be more competitive joining the school, i still can raise my GPA since i still need around 20 hrs of pre reqs courses
do you think with master degree i will be more competitive joining the school, i still can raise my GPA since i still need around 20 hrs of pre reqs courses
I would say that a bachelors is already really good. Personally I don't have a bachelors but I have so many credits that I could have gotten one, I just couldn't get my classes to be all for 1 major! The more degree you have, the more it will show them that you are mature, professional, and can handle hard classes. I'd say raising your GPA would be your main concern, if you had to decide between GPA and Master's. Good luck and let me know how it goes!!
does anybody know admission criteria of boston and worcester to get an interview invitation? do they give preference to their in-state students? thanks in advance!
does anybody know admission criteria of boston and worcester to get an interview invitation? do they give preference to their in-state students? thanks in advance!
all can be found on their website www.mcphs.edu as it is a private school, they do not give preference to in-states. A lot of students here are from out-state....
greatdeals225:
Do you remember how early the admissions committee for Worcester started sending out interview invitations last year? I am applying to the Worcester campus this year and had my entire application turned in early (prior to Oct. 1). However, there was a problem that I had to resolve and now I worry that the delay of 2-3 weeks has hindered my chances.
Do you remember how early the admissions committee for Worcester started sending out interview invitations last year? I am applying to the Worcester campus this year and had my entire application turned in early (prior to Oct. 1). However, there was a problem that I had to resolve and now I worry that the delay of 2-3 weeks has hindered my chances.
greatdeals225:
Do you remember how early the admissions committee for Worcester started sending out interview invitations last year? I am applying to the Worcester campus this year and had my entire application turned in early (prior to Oct. 1). However, there was a problem that I had to resolve and now I worry that the delay of 2-3 weeks has hindered my chances.
hmm... I wasn't particularly the first ones to get my application in.. I sent it in I think first week of November, and my interview was mid January, the day before i went back to classes for Spring.. and they still had 40 seats left, so I think you'll be fine. Think about it, a lot of applicants don't know about this forum and they will just file their applications just before the deadline!
Hello, I just was recently accepted into the worcesterpharmacy program, and was wondering which books do you need for p1 and p2 years? I would really like to get a headstart in getting familiar with the material. Any other tips? Like what i should do to get a learning start into the program? However, i really just need the book names so i can purchase them now.hmm... I wasn't particularly the first ones to get my application in.. I sent it in I think first week of November, and my interview was mid January, the day before i went back to classes for Spring.. and they still had 40 seats left, so I think you'll be fine. Think about it, a lot of applicants don't know about this forum and they will just file their applications just before the deadline!
Thank you
You do realize you posted to a thread that is like 9 years old right? Course material has definitely changed over the last decade.Hello, I just was recently accepted into the worcesterpharmacy program, and was wondering which books do you need for p1 and p2 years? I would really like to get a headstart in getting familiar with the material. Any other tips? Like what i should do to get a learning start into the program? However, i really just need the book names so i can purchase them now.
Thank you
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know what the material is now? No one knows.You do realize you posted to a thread that is like 9 years old right? Course material has definitely changed over the last decade.
Why are you even trying to get a head start. I've talked to many pharmacy students, they say just enjoy the time you have before you commit the next 3 years of your life. Most likely the first year is all review. So if you need to, review something like biochem.Do you know what the material is now? No one knows.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K